For some reason, I've not been able to post for months. So don't know if this will work, but reposting my 2010 goal wrap up from my blog.
(1) Max out 401ks - $33,000
(2) Max out IRAs - $10,000
(3) Prepay mortgage - $1200
(4) Add to baby fund - $3500
(5) Add to emergency fund - $7000
(6) House/Furniture fund - $3000
Total - $57,700
(1) - $31,625 (96%) (goal was $33,000)
(2) - $10,000 (100%) (Completed)
(3) - $1,200 (100%) (Completed)
(4) - $3,500 (100%) (Completed)
(5) - $0 (0%) ($18,642 in our emergency fund, goal was $32,000)
(6) - $3,000 (100%) (Completed)
Total - $49,325 (85%)
Okay, first the good news, we maxed out our IRAs, we met our goals as to principal prepayment on our mortgage, adding to our baby fund and saving up our furniture monies.
We came close to maxing out our 401ks. I miscalculated Mr. Sam's contributions so he was a bit short. But, with his employer contributions he saved more than $18,000 so I'm counting that as a win.
We failed at adding to our emergency fund, in fact we took money out for Mr. Sam's investment experiment, if you add that back in our emergency fund is at $25,000+, and for IRS audit and payments.
We came close to saving $50,000 which is about where we top out most years. This year our saving goal is at $63,000.
(Follow Sam's financial and real estate adventures.)