OK, I did very well with last year's goals. I slacked off after September, but the majority got done. My intent for this year:
- Fully max out my 403(b) account! $1375/month x 12 = $16,500 in retirement savings!
This is on auto-pillot, first month down...
- Get the joint savings account fully re-funded (dipped into it for a car) and xfer the $$ to ING so it's less accessible.
Car is up for sale on AutoTrader.com and Craigslist...
- Start a Hills & Valleys account for DH's business.
Just transferred $3K into a new ING account for this today!
- Pay $12K against the house principal.
Again, on auto-pilot. We pay $800 per month in required payments against the principal, and then pay an additional $200. So the first $1K is paid.
- Prepay against the new car loan every time my personal savings exceeds $2K; try and get car paid off in 2.5 years, instead of 4.
No excess yet. To be continued...
- Get DH's term life policy extended/in place for the next 20 year term.
He needs to call the company for this, during a weekday. He's in the field today, so I'll have to ask him later this week.
- Exercise more regularly.
No progress on this, although I did clear off the elliptical.
- Purge stuff. Our closets are ridiculous (it's a 1923 house, but still!).
Done! For the master bedroom closet. Three large garbage bags donated. Two closets left to clear out/re-organize.
- Finish kitchen porch renovation.
Working on it. Materials not yet received...
- Get house closets re-done professionally.
This is likely to wait until September...
I like progress.