1) Goal: Max out 403(b) - $16,500
Result: $8250/$16,500 – 50%
2) Re-fill the joint savings to 10 months of expenses (dipped into it for a car) and xfer the $$ to ING so it's less accessible. - $40,000.
Result: $34,500/$40,000 – 86.25%. Same as last month.
3) Slush fund for DH's 1099 business, so he has extra $ in slow months. - $5000
Result: Added another $300. Now at $3800/$5000 – 76%.
4) Pay $2400 additional principal against mortgage/ a total of $14K against the house principal (including regular payments).
Result: $1200/$2400 – 50%, and on track to pay off $14,400 against principal this year.
5) Prepay against the new car loan every time my personal savings exceeds $2K; try and get car paid off in 2.5 years, instead of 4 - $1250 per year.
Result: Not yet. Waiting for furlough to be released in September, at which time I can triple the payments.
6) Get DH's term life policy extended/in place for the next 20 year term.
DONE! DONE! DONE! DH had the tests, which showed his cholesterol and blood sugar were both down. He's lost 17 lbs since last year's physical (so he's UNDER what the doc recommended, and he thought that would never happen). As a result, he's getting preferred pricing on the new life insurance policy. Yay!
New goal, completed -
Consolidate car insurance policies. DH was with 21st Century (now State Farm?) and is now with USAA. We transferred his car and our camping van over, and the costs dropped nearly $800 per year for the two vehicles.
Challenges for June–
1) Continue to assist V with her estate planning, bills, finances, and medical stuff. We're now talking hospice, which has its own challenges. I have also started the ball rolling to transition her to LT disability from her ST policy. New goal: get eligibility for federal SSI/disability under way. Explore Medi-Cal/Medi-Care for her.
2) Get the Toyota sold. One of the Looky-loos from my car ad called back, and I directed him to the consignment lot. Let's hope he buys it!
3) Keep in touch with a family member who just got hit with some necessary medical expenses. See if help is needed, and make sure they're willing to let us know if that's the case.
Goals for June–
1) Pray for the car sale.
2) Get V's LT disability nailed down; apply for Federal disability and Medi-Cal.