Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:44 am

Post subject: Looking for renters
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:28 am 

Where will I get rich and famous renters for a 12,500 home vacation property I'm managing?

Are there any online forums I can join in?

This gated compound property is located in Catalina Foothills, Tucson Arizona. It's truly an exquisite property with five bedrooms, four bathrooms, eight sleeps, two half-baths, seven outside patios and five private office suites. Onsite services include daily made service, housekeeper and catering. It's also a place for your wide variety of social celebrations and grand events.

As expected, the rental rate is expensive amounting to $700 - 1000 depending on the season.

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Re: Looking for renters
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:41 pm 

Have you tried listing on Homeaway, VRBO and Flipkey?

Ask yourself where you would look if you were going to rent such a house. There are plenty of people who rent places like that. You just have to figure out where they are.

I live in Tucson so I have some idea where and what you are talking about. The renters you get will likely be snowbirds. You know as well as I do that you will not get $1000 a night for a full winter and most people come for the full winter. I think if you rent for a week at a time you might be in the ballpark pricewise but there are not that many people who come here just for a week except for golf or around Match Play time.

You are also going to be competing with the resorts, most of which are in bankruptcy or already hurting so they are much cheaper, and with the Dove Mountain area where all the focus is moving. So you'll probably need to do some careful thinking about your target market and then target them is places that no one has thought of.

A quick check of VRBO finds several houses similar to what you describe for a lot less money, the most expensive one I found was about 1/5 of your price (monthly).

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill, Fiscal Fitness Moderator