Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:05 am

Post subject: My Success In-Progress
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:30 am 
I started this year determined to get out of debt. My partner and I had about $55,000. Large portions of that included 2 car loans and my student loan debt, but about $10,000 of that was on credit cards.

I was never bad about making payments but I never felt like I was getting anywhere. Month after month our paychecks would dissappear with nothing to show for it in the end. Something had to change. I started reading as much as I could about getting out of debt online and stumbled across Dave Ramsey's Debt Snowball method. I decided that the small successes in his method would give me the strength I needed to keep my resolution.

Just this week I found GRS. This blog and the success stories on this site have been a great inspiration to me. I just wanted to share with all of you my first few successes on road to being debt free.

I have already paid off 2 small credit cards and in 2 weeks will have my third gone. By the end of this month, half of my credit cards will be completely paid off. I have mapped out what my payments will be for the next few months on the other 3 cards and I should only have the largest left by the end of this year.

I look forward to sharing more of my success with everyone over the next few month. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:12 am 

Way to go!!!

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:24 am 

Sounds like you are on the right road!! Keep it up!

Have a Great day!
Smile at someone random today.....you could surprisingly make someones day!

Offline Profile   
 Post subject: That is Great!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:28 pm 

I will have to read about Dave Ramsey's Debt Snowball method. That is great to hear it is working for you. And it is great that you took the initiative to clear the debt. It's nice to have that breathing room.

I am glad for having GRS forums, too. :D

~Money Funk

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: paying debt
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:54 am 

Sound so great if we can pay out all the debt. Unfortunately I still need to pay out various loan. Car loan, Housing loan, study loan etc...Please give me some guidelines and coach me to get rid of those debts... Thanks you
http://www.beheke.net

Offline Profile   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill, Fiscal Fitness Moderator