dcsimg The Get Rich Slowly Forums • View topic - In a year and a half I paid of 15k in deb...

GRS Home  Forum Home
Bank Rates Center
   Savings Account Rates
   Money Market Rates
   Highest CD Rates
Insurance Rates Center
  Auto           Health
   Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:21 am

Post subject: In a year and a half I paid of 15k in deb...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:28 pm 

In a little over a year and a half I paid off 15k in credit card debt, saved up 14 more, bought a house, and married the girl of my dreams! Started a company with my parents that now owns six rental properties... and hope to start another company this year. I also started a blog, http://www.iwillescape.com.

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: What was your debt reduction method?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:20 pm 

Hi, Curious how you paid down 15K. did you take on odd jobs, watch the pennies, etc... love to hear how. Cuz I want my debt to erradicate faster! 8)

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:06 pm 

YAY YOU!!!

WHAT an accomplishment! I, too, paid off a LOT of debt in 18 months...$18k to be exact...and saved up $5k in emergency savings. This only happened because my deadbeat ex- left me on my birthday. BEST birthday gift he ever gave me!

I'm addicted to being debt-free (other than my mortgage) and saving. It is very, very freeing.

Congratulations!

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:51 am 

I read through some of the posts on his blog and this guy is very angry. Don't get me wrong I respect the guy for scraping by and paying off his debt, and now saving, but he's degrading, and outright attacking people that don't take this mentality to the extreme like he did/does. From one of his posts he seemed to be attacking GetRichSlowly, why can't he just respect other people for trying to save, and pay off debt, but not taking it to the extreme that he did. Some people like to indulge, in fact he should be thanking the gluttons that aren't as financially conservative as him because if everybody was his method wouldn't have worked for him.

that's my $.02, stick that in your piggy bank

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:34 pm 

congrats man.. that's a lot accomplished in such a short period of time

i've been able to pay off a 23k loan in 3 years which i am proud of.. and i've been debt free (non-mortgage wise) for almost 4 years now.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject: Re: In a year and a half I paid of 15k in deb...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:11 am 

richard@iwillescape.com wrote:
In a little over a year and a half I paid off 15k in credit card debt, saved up 14 more, bought a house, and married the girl of my dreams! Started a company with my parents that now owns six rental properties... and hope to start another company this year. I also started a blog, http://www.iwillescape.com.

wait a minute, i've heard this before, you are playing a country western song backwards here.

in reality, it sounds like he was making a teaser on here to promote his website. He has a specific thread bashing GRS. I'm not buying that he has made a dramatic get rich quickly turn around.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:42 am 

Seems a bit fishy to me. Even if it's legit, and please forgive my arrogance, but 29k doesn't seem like a huge deal to me, especially if you're trying to sell me something. I'm just a regular Joe, but I save and invest about at least 35k each year. And I'm not even selling anything.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:11 am 

Im happy for you for marrying the girl of your dreams! :D

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:13 am 

I hate to be the one to always say it.. but this forum is filled with spam posts like this. Only takes a second realize someone wants a link back to their new blog.. .

Offline Profile   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill, Fiscal Fitness Moderator