In a year and a half I paid of 15k in deb...

Have you paid off your debt? Managed to save for your dream home? Had an awesome investment pan out? Share your personal finance success stories here.

Moderators: lvergon, Fiscal Fitness Moderator

richard@iwillescape.com

In a year and a half I paid of 15k in deb...

Postby richard@iwillescape.com » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:28 pm

In a little over a year and a half I paid off 15k in credit card debt, saved up 14 more, bought a house, and married the girl of my dreams! Started a company with my parents that now owns six rental properties... and hope to start another company this year. I also started a blog, www.iwillescape.com.
<a>You Can Escape With Me</a>

OneHellOfAMess

What was your debt reduction method?

Postby OneHellOfAMess » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:20 pm

Hi, Curious how you paid down 15K. did you take on odd jobs, watch the pennies, etc... love to hear how. Cuz I want my debt to erradicate faster! 8)
Visit <a href="http://money-funk.blogspot.com">Money Funk Blog</a>! (not a solicitation, but a real case tracking my fight to eliminate the bad debt)

PABennett

Postby PABennett » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:06 pm

YAY YOU!!!

WHAT an accomplishment! I, too, paid off a LOT of debt in 18 months...$18k to be exact...and saved up $5k in emergency savings. This only happened because my deadbeat ex- left me on my birthday. BEST birthday gift he ever gave me!

I'm addicted to being debt-free (other than my mortgage) and saving. It is very, very freeing.

Congratulations!

cmittle

Postby cmittle » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:51 am

I read through some of the posts on his blog and this guy is very angry. Don't get me wrong I respect the guy for scraping by and paying off his debt, and now saving, but he's degrading, and outright attacking people that don't take this mentality to the extreme like he did/does. From one of his posts he seemed to be attacking GetRichSlowly, why can't he just respect other people for trying to save, and pay off debt, but not taking it to the extreme that he did. Some people like to indulge, in fact he should be thanking the gluttons that aren't as financially conservative as him because if everybody was his method wouldn't have worked for him.

that's my $.02, stick that in your piggy bank

kick_push

Postby kick_push » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:34 pm

congrats man.. that's a lot accomplished in such a short period of time

i've been able to pay off a 23k loan in 3 years which i am proud of.. and i've been debt free (non-mortgage wise) for almost 4 years now.

googoo

Re: In a year and a half I paid of 15k in deb...

Postby googoo » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:11 am

richard@iwillescape.com wrote:In a little over a year and a half I paid off 15k in credit card debt, saved up 14 more, bought a house, and married the girl of my dreams! Started a company with my parents that now owns six rental properties... and hope to start another company this year. I also started a blog, www.iwillescape.com.

wait a minute, i've heard this before, you are playing a country western song backwards here.

in reality, it sounds like he was making a teaser on here to promote his website. He has a specific thread bashing GRS. I'm not buying that he has made a dramatic get rich quickly turn around.

ekrabs

Postby ekrabs » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:42 am

Seems a bit fishy to me. Even if it's legit, and please forgive my arrogance, but 29k doesn't seem like a huge deal to me, especially if you're trying to sell me something. I'm just a regular Joe, but I save and invest about at least 35k each year. And I'm not even selling anything.

Antoinette8

Postby Antoinette8 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:11 am

Im happy for you for marrying the girl of your dreams! :D
Thou Shall Not Hide From Bad Credit

simplenation

Postby simplenation » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:13 am

I hate to be the one to always say it.. but this forum is filled with spam posts like this. Only takes a second realize someone wants a link back to their new blog.. .

Return to “Success Stories”