Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:01 am

Post subject: What is " Success"
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:46 am 

"Success is the result of steadily taking action on our most important goals. When we consistently focus our energies and our efforts upon what matters most, we can't help but be successful".
---------------
Lokesh kumar

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:57 am 

Success, most of the time but not all the time is, Happiness

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:50 am 

Much of the social history of the western world has been replacing what worked with what sounded good.

"Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... f*** with us. " --Tyler Durden

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:03 am 

Antoinette8 wrote:
Success, most of the time but not all the time is, Happiness

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities.
Aldous Huxley

8)

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:06 pm 

Its never easy to define happiness and more so because each and every individual would tend to look at in a different angle. Success and happiness may sound like cause and effect but this does not often happen. Maybe one aspect of people get happy but when we talk of them in bulk happiness has hardly anything to do with success. We have witnessed our failures may become the happiness of someone else. So how do you take this, we need to perform at our best happiness may or may not come.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:57 am 
The best definition I have come across is: "Success is the completion of anything intended." In other words success is finishing what you planned to do.Success starts with goal setting, and then goal setting is followed by action. Neither your goal setting theory nor your actions have to be perfect. A key to success is to start anywhere; over time, your vision will clear and your actions improve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:02 am 

sandyandry wrote:
The best definition I have come across is: "Success is the completion of anything intended."

ditto

Goals accomplishment equals success

Offline Profile   
 Post subject: Re: What is " Success"
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:05 am 

kudostechnet2 wrote:
"Success is the result of steadily taking action on our most important goals. When we consistently focus our energies and our efforts upon what matters most, we can't help but be successful".
---------------
Lokesh kumar

http://www.talkinghomeloans.com- Home Loans

Success: is the positive final result of the (methodological thinking) that a person obtains when the aim is achieved.
Failure: is the final negative result of the (non-methodological) thinking that a person obtains when the aim is achieved.

I got those definitions from the book titled "THE LAWS OF SUCCESS, Facts & Secrets", page (12).
Also, you may obtain a free copy of the book sent directlyto you by mail from the author, if you click on this link http://www.abdullahsblog.com/?p=420 and write down "THE LAWS OF SUCCESS".

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:21 am 
The word, "success." According to the American Heritage Dictionary, "success" is a noun that means:

1. The achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted.

2a. The gaining of fame or prosperity.

2b. The extent of such gain.

3. One that is successful.

4. Obsolete. A result or an outcome.

Most of us would probably agree with definition 1. After all, how can you know you have achieved success if you have not worked toward a desire, followed a plan, or tried to reach a target, goal, or objective?

But does that mean, then, that success is solely an end result of an action or series of actions? See definition 4-the dictionary tells us that definition is obsolete.

So if we have not achieved something desired, planned, or attempted, we can still be successful. Let's look at definition 2a and 2b: Success is the gaining of fame or prosperity and the extent of that gain. Now, according to Andy Warhol, we all get our fifteen minutes of fame, but let's focus on "prosperity" and "the extent of" that prosperity, which must be some kind of a favorable gain.

We know we prosper when we reach a target, goal, or objective. But do we prosper on our way to reaching them?

That most likely depends on your perspective of what "success" is. If you look at success as an end result, you will not see prosperity until you achieve your targets, goals, and objectives.

However, if you see success as a journey, you can see prosperity, or favorable gain, with each step you take. Picture a ladder that you climb up. Each rung is a step that takes you closer and closer to your target, goal, or objective. With each step you take, you prosper.

But what if you fall down a rung or are forced to take a step back? Are you still successful?

You can still consider a setback as a step toward a goal. This step might not exactly follow the ladder analogy, where up is forward, but setbacks can actually help you step toward your goal. In fact, they can even be more crucial to your success than "smooth sailing." Why? Because you learn more about yourself, your target, and the relationship between you and your goal when you are required to take corrective action rather than taking strictly correct action.

You might determine along the way, through setbacks and corrective actions, that a particular goal is not right for you. That realization would be a successful realization, even if you end up not achieving the goal.

You might determine that the goal is exactly right for you, and that realization would also be a success along your way to achieving the goal.

You can pretty much find success wherever you look for it. As long as you are taking steps toward a goal, even small ones, then you are extending your prosperity, or favorable gain. When you do this, you are definition 3, "One that is successful."

Post subject: S-U-C-C-E-S-S
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:43 pm 

Success is an achievement of one's goal.
Nobody can tell you if whether you're right or wrong,
what matters is that you have done everything to make it possible. :D

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:40 am 

What is success?
Success is not just about just getting more, more, more, better, better, whatever! Real success means changing the quality of your life for the better. I think once we realize just how powerful we humans are, we start to see how our thoughts, actions and deeds can change our lives for the better!
You have to programme your mind for success! If you know exactly what you want, the key is to remain absolutely determined that you will achieve your goal no matter what obstacles pop up along your way
In order to succeed don’t give up - be resolute!
People who live life to the full and who shine with positive energy naturally
attract all kinds of success and happiness into their lives! :wink:

http://www.real-happiness-and-success.com

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:00 pm 

My outlook for success is from Juliana Hatfield and Margaret Thatcher

Quote:
If you want to achieve things in life, you've just got to do them, and if you're talented and smart, you'll succeed.
Juliana Hatfield

Quote:
What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose.
Margaret Thatcher

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:25 am 

Success is defined as achievement of something you desired for. Everyone can realize the meaning of success in their lives. As long as you strive hard doing your part and never lose hope.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:40 pm 

success - it's amount of money I can retire with :) (I guess about 10M)

Offline Profile   
 Post subject: Re: What is " Success"
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:59 pm 

I think I would feel a measure of success if I could raise my income say 35% I would feel pretty seccessful if I was making all my money myself without a job. I would feel really successful if I could maintain and increase that income whiel at the same time having more free time to enjoy life.

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill, Fiscal Fitness Moderator Go to page 1, 2  Next