Bought new family car

Have you paid off your debt? Managed to save for your dream home? Had an awesome investment pan out? Share your personal finance success stories here.

Moderators: lvergon, Fiscal Fitness Moderator

specabecca

Bought new family car

Postby specabecca » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:46 am

My husband decided he needed a nused car. 2 nights ago, we bought one for cash from our savings. It felt great.

The old car was a near-beater that we bought a few years ago. It worked great and provided a lot of amusement (2 seater convertible in FL - my husband loved driving it).

We did our homework and found the nused Toyota on Craigslist, got it checked out with a trusted mechanic, checked the car history, and compared prices on Edmunds netting us a great deal. It took a bit of leg work but we still have no car payments, still have an emergency fund, and now have a proper baby-mobile with an extended warrantee.

Shazam!
Becca

Save&Spend

Postby Save&Spend » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:53 am

Congratulations!!!

We purchased my used car last April with cash also and it felt great!

Good for you!!!

goldentraders

Great!!!

Postby goldentraders » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:38 pm

Congratulations! I bought a used car too... Talking about practicalities! think my car still works great... :idea:
"Bad Things Happen, Only When Good People Do Nothing..."

Jethro
Site Admin

Postby Jethro » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:14 am

Congrats Becca!

We just made the last payment on my pickup, and now we have zero car payments... but my wife would like a slightly larger family vehicle (currently have a VW Passat). But for now, we simply pay for any repairs that pop up with cash, and tuck money away for a larger used vehicle, with the goal to pay cash for it (pretty big goal for us, but I would love to be able to do that).
If life gives you tomatoes, make pico de gallo.

lizzy_09

Postby lizzy_09 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:48 am

Congrats on this. My dad collects used cars. Too bad after a while it doesn't work he sets it aside and buys another used car.

aomega54

Postby aomega54 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 am

Congrats. By the time you get to this post, the feeling will be probably nearly worn off and it will be just another car?

AO

Return to “Success Stories”