Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:05 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Paid off $17,281 in 3 months.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:38 am 

Jtav, if you were really so exceptional at what you do, why would you be so worried about competition? Do you think McDonald's breaks a sweat when it hears about some new upstart burger joint opening next door? Do you think Apple called an emergency meeting when HP announced its tablet?

I'll even use myself as an example. I do wedding photography in Ottawa, Canada. I don't care who knows it, because I'm really, really good at it. There is already a ton of competition, but fortunately, mine is a business in which there is a clear difference between the skilled, and the "me too's." I don't worry when I see some college kid with his first Nikon 5100 posting on Craigslist, offering to shoot your whole wedding for $300, because I know there are a dozen different ways in which my services are superior, and I can clearly articulate those ways to clients.

But if you've really got your heart set on protecting your fragile, no-barrier-to-entry business, and you want a sample city to case study, how about mine: Ottawa, Canada.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:27 am 

My questions to you are why was it difficult to pay off 17,281 in 5 years with a full time job?

What is the driving reason you got into debt in the first place?

Have you changed those habits?

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:00 pm 

Jtav wrote:
Still waiting for a city.

Las Cruces New Mexico

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:03 pm 

bpgui wrote:
I'm going to sleep on it, but I'm fairly sure, I'll delete this thread in the morning.

Please don't. If it is spam it is a pretty pathetic attempt because there are no links posted and he is not getting much beyond attacks. I am actually finding it entertaining but I wish it would drift toward actually providing useful information.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:11 pm 

kombat wrote:
Jtav, if you were really so exceptional at what you do, why would you be so worried about competition? Do you think McDonald's breaks a sweat when it hears about some new upstart burger joint opening next door? Do you think Apple called an emergency meeting when HP announced its tablet?

I could certainly see how identifying a service that is in demand but not already served would be profitable. And I can understand the "first mover" advantage, especially in a situation where the barriers to entry are low.

But I don't get the point of the original post. Is it to rub our nose in his success? Is it to state the obvious (if you have a valuable skill you can use it to get something of value)? I'm mystified. I don't have any trouble thinking abstractly but when the abstraction obscures the useful information it becomes pointless.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:33 pm 

DoingHomework wrote:
bpgui wrote:
I'm going to sleep on it, but I'm fairly sure, I'll delete this thread in the morning.

Please don't. If it is spam it is a pretty pathetic attempt because there are no links posted and he is not getting much beyond attacks. I am actually finding it entertaining but I wish it would drift toward actually providing useful information.

It's well past morning. I decided not to for now, for just that reason. I'm still holding out hope that something useful will be posted.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:53 pm 

Quote:
My questions to you are why was it difficult to pay off 17,281 in 5 years with a full time job?

What is the driving reason you got into debt in the first place?

Have you changed those habits?

Lack of self discipline, alcohol, lifestyle choices, etc.

I would pay anywhere from 500-1000 every two weeks on it, and spend the same when I was out partying on the weekend with friends. I got stuck in a vicious cycle that I couldn't get out of.

Quote:

Instead of bashing you personally (which is my gut reaction)... I will just simply state this: Where did you ever read where I stated that I was exceptional at what I do? Where did I even HINT that? It's pretty clear you're not reading anything i'm writing.

I made it pretty clear it could be learned in two weeks (like most skills) and be serviceable enough to starting generating revenue.

Quote:

I clearly assumed wrong with you and I apologize for it. It's crystal clear that you actually read what I wrote, and I really appreciate it.

The point of the thread was to give a basic idea of the power of Intention and Entrepreneurship. The idea that you can become successful and generate income as one person instead of starting a business. Much like a sole proprietor but with single member llc status. I simply wanted to share how easy it is to start your own single member llc business and profit from it.

The government treats Single member llc as disregarded entities on taxes and such like a sole proprietor but yet you get the benefits of a full blown LLC or LLP.

I'm a technical person in nature and sometimes I can't express in words what i'm trying to convey. It's almost like i'm bottle-necked by vocabulary.

I'm currently swamped with work, so i'll be stopping by once or twice a day to continue this thread.

My mission is to show how easy it is as an entrepreneur to generate income by yourself using free tools now made easily available in this digital age such as google, craigslist, etc.. and of course work.

Let's get to the exact process I used to fix my life.

Step 1: IDENTIFY DEMAND IN LOCAL AREA

Enough rambling.. Las Cruces, New Mexico.

lascruces.en.craigslist.org/search/lbg?query=+
lascruces.en.craigslist.org/search/cpg?query=+
lascruces.en.craigslist.org/search/crg?query=+
lascruces.en.craigslist.org/search/evg?query=+

and here is the most powerful free service:
google insights
google.com/insights/search/

Select Las Cruces and type in services and it will tell you exactly what gets typed into google and searched for the most in your area.

Non google resources:
lascruces.americanclassifieds.com/browse/category-employment-113/page-1.html

The first step to start earning Revenue on the side is to figure out a demand in your local area.

Can anyone find a need or demand in those wanted pages I listed? (there are three that stick out)

Then we will proceed with step two!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:26 pm 

Jtav wrote:
Much like a sole proprietor but with single member llc status. I simply wanted to share how easy it is to start your own single member llc business and profit from it.

An LLC of any flavor is simply a way to structure a business to possibly protect personal assets from business liability. It's not a magic bullet in any way. I'm quite familiar and have two LLCs myself for a couple of different businesses. But there is not a whole lot of point for an LLC for a small time service business.

Jtav wrote:
Can anyone find a need or demand in those wanted pages I listed? (there are three that stick out)

So, Las Cruses needs truck drivers. Are you suggesting we should all form trucking company LLCs in Las Cruces and start hauling in our free time?

In one or two sentences, what is your main thesis? Because, aside from the fact that you are not obviously selling anything, you sound a whole lot like an infomercial, timeshare salesman, or MLM recruiter.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:03 pm 

DoingHomework wrote:
So, Las Cruses needs truck drivers. Are you suggesting we should all form trucking company LLCs in Las Cruces and start hauling in our free time?

It might take us more than 2 weeks to self teach ourselves how to run a trucking company.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:20 pm 

bpgui wrote:
DoingHomework wrote:

It might take us more than 2 weeks to self teach ourselves how to run a trucking company.

It couldn't be that hard. You pick stuff up, drive it somewhere, then drop it off. Do you think there is more to it then that?

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:36 pm 

DoingHomework wrote:
bpgui wrote:
DoingHomework wrote:

It couldn't be that hard. You pick stuff up, drive it somewhere, then drop it off. Do you think there is more to it then that?

I'd have thought we'd need CDL's or something, but I think I discovered a loophole that will get us around that hurdle.... we just won't get pulled over. :rofl:

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:40 pm 

bpgui wrote:
Quote:

I'd have thought we'd need CDL's or something, but I think I discovered a loophole that will get us around that hurdle.... we just won't get pulled over. :rofl:

Awesome. I'm in. It's great to have lawyers around!

We can start with my old pickup until we've got enough to buy our first big rig.

Now, we're all set up. Let's wait for the jobs to come rolling in.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:11 pm 

Quote:

Las Cruces needs truck drivers. Let's supply that demand.

What would I need to learn to make this happen, and how could I solve this problem by myself?

I propose I start a service that can solve this problem and generate revenue for ME.

The amount of people in Los Cruces that are older in age that will never see these craigslist ads or even use the internet is most likely very high.

so...

Would these trucking companies pay me a referral fee if I could get these truck driving jobs filled? Would the people looking for jobs pay me a capture fee if I could get them hired?

What skills and items do I need to start to make this happen, and what questions need to be answered for this to work for me?

- Can I do this on the side?
- Where can I find people to fill these positions?
- what is the skill level required to drive these trucks
Btw thanks DoingHomework you answered it for us already
Quote:

- How can I get the word out in the local area?
- Where do I start?
- what companies are looking for drivers?
- How will I negotiate a referral fee (Vast majority of companies will pay a fee if you fill their positions)
- What is the most effective way to organize my service/skill?
- Do I have the skills required to make flyers, ads, negotiate fees, market my service?
- If not how long will it take to learn these skills?

Your sole proprietorship would to be a truck driver head hunter, not based on personal skill.. but based on local demand.

I've been very particular about the way I have written everything for a reason. Infomercials are synonymous with selling products, etc. Consumers have been trained to absorb information this way without even knowing it. What happens when the infomercials isn't a bogus product, but real information that can be applied. Think about what that could mean.

BTW
I think you misunderstood my mentioning of the SMLLC. Just a vehicle of protection in the process of sole proprietorship.. not a magic bullet. Sorry to confuse if I did.

The next lesson will be how much money we can make doing this, and what will the revenue to labor ratio be? How much can I earn without working myself stupid.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:51 pm 

Jtav wrote:
Las Cruces needs truck drivers. Let's supply that demand.

What would I need to learn to make this happen, and how could I solve this problem by myself?

I propose I start a service that can solve this problem and generate revenue for ME.

LC needs truckers, not truck driver recruiters. Do you not even see the fallacy there?

Jtav wrote:
The amount of people in Los Cruces that are older in age that will never see these craigslist ads or even use the internet is most likely very high.

They will if they are looking for a job. The trucking companies advertise there either because it is cheap (in which case they ain't gonna pay you) or because that is where the truckers look.

Jtav wrote:
Would these trucking companies pay me a referral fee if I could get these truck driving jobs filled?

No. Trucking companies are not likely to pay you a fee when unemployment is 9+% (and even higher for that skill level). Besides, the amount of the fee would be limited by what it would cost them to train their own drivers - not much.

Jtav wrote:
Would the people looking for jobs pay me a capture fee if I could get them hired?

Possibly. But if they know how to drive a truck and are looking for work they would know who is hiring.

Jtav wrote:
What skills and items do I need to start to make this happen, and what questions need to be answered for this to work for me?

- Can I do this on the side?
- Where can I find people to fill these positions?
- what is the skill level required to drive these trucks
Btw thanks DoingHomework you answered it for us already

I was being facetious

Quote:
Your sole proprietorship would to be a truck driver head hunter, not based on personal skill.. but based on local demand.

But we're getting off topic here - you said it was personal skill that is needed. Are you reconsidering?

Quote:
I've been very particular about the way I have written everything for a reason. Infomercials are synonymous with selling products, etc. Consumers have been trained to absorb information this way without even knowing it. What happens when the infomercials isn't a bogus product, but real information that can be applied. Think about what that could mean.

Are you serious? You think sounding like a salesman works. You have a lot to learn.

Quote:
BTW
I think you misunderstood my mentioning of the SMLLC. Just a vehicle of protection in the process of sole proprietorship.. not a magic bullet. Sorry to confuse if I did.

Then why mention it? You didn't mention whether the business uses cash or accrual accounting either, probably because it is also not relevant.

Quote:
The next lesson will be how much money we can make doing this, and what will the revenue to labor ratio be? How much can I earn without working myself stupid.
[/quote]
That should be interesting. I shouldn't have wasted all that money on business school. I could have just waited for you.

Let me make a prediction - we'll get a few lessons then we'll be offered the opportunity to learn more for a fee...

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:22 pm 

Quote:
LC needs truckers, not truck driver recruiters. Do you not even see the fallacy there?

This is the most moronic statement I've ever read in my entire life, congrats.

I Refuse to waste my time anymore. You can't be this dense.

Quote:
No. Trucking companies are not likely to pay you a fee when unemployment is 9+% (and even higher for that skill level). Besides, the amount of the fee would be limited by what it would cost them to train their own drivers - not much.

Hilarious. Considering using this exact model with a different industry is how I made over 100k. Drop your guard, drop your ignorance. One day you'll understand.

Quote:
Are you serious? You think sounding like a salesman works. You have a lot to learn.

Learn what? I'm selling nothing. Only was trying to open some eyes and help. I've achieved that. My apologies mr. holier than thou. Next time i'll bow down to you and make sure I gain your approval.

Everyone that has ever graduated from business school is successful and debt free, my apologies.

To the 20 or so who have Pm'd me email me at [spam] and i'd love to help whatever self business you're trying to pursue. I'm not going to waste my time anymore here.

My name is Jeff Taylor.
[spam link edited out]

That's one of the many businesses I own (out of 10+). Do you due diligence and you'll see i'm not lying. (or just email Ryan Eagle, he'll vouch for me.. you can google that name too.) I'm a self made millionaire, using hard work. I was here to help. Enjoy being a forum mod, you're so amazing at it.

Doinghomework you have potential, and i'm confident you're already successful.. but open your eyes. I promise not everyone is out to F*ck you over.

bpgui. In the short term there is no helping you. You lack reading comprehension and much much more. I'm confident being a mod will be your perpetual claim to fame.

Cheers!

Drive is the key to success.

Jeff.

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill, Fiscal Fitness Moderator Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next