Doing great, had to tell someone

Have you paid off your debt? Managed to save for your dream home? Had an awesome investment pan out? Share your personal finance success stories here.

Moderators: lvergon, Fiscal Fitness Moderator

Twotoetimmy

Doing great, had to tell someone

Postby Twotoetimmy » Fri May 01, 2009 2:21 pm

Hi Guys,

I cannot really talk about this with my friends since they are not in the same situation as me, so I thought I would celebrate online instead. I have been following the get rich slowly theory ever since I crapped out on Penny Stock (my get rich quick plan). I have read several books from Rich Dad Poor Dad to Millionaire Next Door.

So far this year I have eliminated my second mortgage and this month I am fixing paying my car off. We have substantial amount in college savings for my 2 year old and I have maxed out my 401k for 3 years now. We are fully insured from Life, to Disability. Next up is building my emergency fund from 3 months to 6 months. I will also finish paying my wife’s school loan (at $10k) now. By the end of the year I am hoping to only have mortgage left and putting close to 30% in all different types of savings.

ALOT of the ideas here and in books I have read has lead me down this road. It's not about the quick fix, because the quick fix is only just that. If you do not get to the root of the problem then you will eventually find yourselves back where you started. Thank you thank you thank for being here for us. It's a scary world out here in personal debt land and it nice to find support like this to help us out of the cold.

I hope you all find your own successes and learn a lifestyle that encourages you as opposed to hinders you.

sandi_k

Postby sandi_k » Fri May 01, 2009 8:50 pm

Nice job, Timmy!

-S

ragtopdown

Postby ragtopdown » Sat May 02, 2009 2:04 am

Good for you! Yep, this is cause for celebrating. Congratulations on your achievements so far!
-hilde

Nottheangel

Postby Nottheangel » Sun May 03, 2009 5:08 pm

Good for you! This is totally worth celebrating. I have every confidence you'll reach your other goals too :)

DebtFreeCrusader

Postby DebtFreeCrusader » Wed May 06, 2009 2:26 pm

Celebrate good times, come on! (Let's celebrate)
Celebrate good times, come on! (Let's celebrate)

There's a party goin' on right here
A celebration to last throughout the years
So bring your good times, and your laughter too
We gonna celebrate your party with you

Good job
you'll get the rest of the song when you knock off your goals keep us posted
When you're good to others, you're best to yourself - B. Franklin

Mary M

Postby Mary M » Fri May 08, 2009 11:30 am

AWESOME!! I'm actually hearing Dave Ramsey's 3...2...1....WE'RE (almost) DEBT FREE!!! yell in my head right now for you! Can't wait til I can say the same!

Return to “Success Stories”