Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:26 am

Post subject: New Forum!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:34 am 
Site Admin

In celebration of Get Rich Slowly's 18-month anniversary, I've opened this new forum where people can share their personal finance success stories.

I love to read stories about how others have succeeded with their finances. I love to read about people deep in debt who manage to turn things around. I love to read about people who, through hard work and frugality, are able to retire at the age of forty. I love to read stories about people who strike hard bargains, and are able to drive home new cars for cheap. I love to read about people who have managed to accumulate huge portfolios through stellar investing acumen.

I encourage you to use this space to share your triumphs, great or small.

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

Love the Idea JD!

Czar of GRS Forums.

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:34 pm 
Site Admin

There are currently 134 Success Stories. Amazing. That's 134 lives changed.

Czar of GRS Forums.

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:11 am 

good idea JD! There are currently 134 Success Stories. Amazing. That's 158 lives changed.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:12 am 

good idea JD! There are currently 180 Success Stories. Amazing. That's 185 lives changed. thanks!

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:44 pm 

Recently discovered this site and love it! I am equally inspired, amazed, challenged and humored by the information found herein. Like just about everyone, I've experienced the roller coaster of personal finace, including many highs and the proverbial lows. Some of the lows were a result of my own poor judgement, others beyond my control (corporate downsizing, national economy, etc.). The good news is the key still fits in the front door of the house and the 30 year mortgage should be paid off inside of 12 months, roughly 21 years after signing on the dotted line! After becoming a casualty of the banking merger/acquisition "wars" about eight years ago, at about 50% of my previous earnings, I managed to pay off thousands of dollars in credit card debt and my only remaining debt is the car loan, appx 12 months of mortgage payments and about $400 on a revolving credit account. The difficult part is in this market (Houston) of very affordable housing, combined with the prevailing mortgage rates at 30 year lows, this is probably the best time to "move up" into a better neighborhood, with greater upside potential for home value(s). Its hard to know what to do -- stay put and invest the freed up funds once the mortgage is paid off, or move up and possibly achieve greater value appreciation in a better neighborhood. As a real estate appraiser with 20+ years of experience, I like to think I have a little bit of knowledge in that arena. Would also really like a pool to survive the brutal summers here, but would prefer to purchase a home that already has one rather than pay to have one put in, and not (fully) recoup the costs. But as they say, there is wisdom with much counsel. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated! Keep up the great blogging! :wink:

Offline Profile   
 Post subject: Re: New Forum!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:55 am 

I never saw something like this in another forum and due to this I am of the opinion that this was an excellent idea. It is great to read the success stories of other people. I am of the opinion that this is very motivating. A great idea.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:03 am 

Hello Angela here, I hit bottom around 2004 and its been a slow climb but I am
finally getting my life turned around yes I had help...and I will share it with you in the next day or two...so excited I found this forum!! look for my story. :]

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:52 am 

I would like to remain in this website but it seems that sociopaths like Vintek can manipulate some other suspicious moderators to issue me a warning ban.

I like your forum and people like CaptainAwesome . But I don't have to tolerate crap from individuals like Vintek who is a con artist with an alias name.

Thank you

Dr. Atwater

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:40 am 

Congratulations my friends, i don't have a lot of success storys but i'm working to make a big success :)

Spam removed

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill, Fiscal Fitness Moderator