Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:30 pm

Post subject: How this blog has helped me.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:42 am 

My story isn't amazing. It's not about paying off a mortgage, or student loans, or making a few good investments, but rather how this blog has directly helped me financially. I recently moved out of my apartment and I took with me all of my possessions. Being a college student, I have been looking for ways to help supplement my part-time job, until I read a guest post on Get Rich Slowly. I had no idea about the seller programs offered by Amazon (and Half.com I later found out). Of course, I had dozens and dozens of CDs, video games, old paperback books, movies, etc. that hadn't seen use in years. Using a system very similarly described on the blog, I started listing all of these forgotten items. I was able to net over $200 in just a couple of months (and the post office was close enough that I could walk to ship everything out).

Along with these games and CDs and DVDs, I also had a large collection of sports cards and memorabilia from my hobbyist days in high school. I've been passively looking for a way to unload this collection for some cash for a long time, knowing that I would likely never have an interest in collecting them again. I brought the bulk of the collection to a trade show shortly after and found three dealers that were interested! I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere near the amount I would get if I broke the collection down and sold every little bit on eBay, but I didn't mind getting a lump sum and leaving that hard work to those that do it best. Within a couple of hours, I had decided on selling the collection to a dealer at the show (for almost twice as much as I was expecting!).

I have to thank Get Rich Slowly for opening my eyes to an easy and effective way to un-clutter and earn a bit of extra cash in the process!

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:03 am 

how neat! thanks for sharing!

Lowly Alida-Daughter of the High King, Wife to Huatzin The Noble Knight, Mother to 6 y.o. twins Elijah the Great & Canaan the Magnificent, Virtuous Princess Anaiah Grace 3, Josiah My little man of Valor (1)

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill, Fiscal Fitness Moderator