Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:17 pm

Post subject: My Eye-Opener
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:10 am 

This year for me is all about lessons especially on personal finance. I was used to living my life without saving, no retirement plan, no life and health insurance, no emergency fund, and living paycheck to paycheck. Luckily, I don’t have huge debts only my mortgage but I have a five year old son who depended on me. Life is hard both financially and emotionally, and I realized that I could not give him a good future if I continue living like this and that is my eye-opener. So, I searched the internet for answers and stumbled upon some personal finance blogs and one of them is Get Rich Slowly. I learned a whole lot of lessons from then on, realized my mistakes and regretted some of them, but the most important thing is that it is never too late. It took me this long to realize how important is saving, making your money grow, being frugal and taking care of the things that are important to you. I started being conscious every time I buy something and started making plans and goals. Now, I am slowly building an emergency fund, I have a retirement plan/life insurance which I contribute monthly and is link to some investments, I am saving for my child’s education, I pay all my credit card balance every month and of course, I have a goal of reaching a 1 million portfolio by 2017. Thank you so much, your blog has helped and inspired lots of people like me who needs education on personal finance in a frugal way. God Bless!

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:19 pm 

Hang in there, your on your way !!!

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:54 pm 

Bajin,

I'm with you buddy. This is my eye opening year as well. Its amazing how much I've already learned over the last month by reading about people like you, on great sites like this. It inspired me to start my own moneyblog - http://www.personallyfinanced.com. Thanks for letting us know about what's going on in your financial life - it helps the community stay vibrant!

Raj
http://www.personallyfinanced.com

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:05 am 

Those are some great goals to have. This blog has really helped me too.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:29 am 

That is great. One of the most important lessons I think that we can teach our children is how to live frugally, save well and not get into debt. This means that they will have the opportunities of building up a good retirement sum.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:39 pm 

Bajin,

I applaud you and agree, the Get Rich Slowly blogs and forums have helped me greatly. I was also very ignorant about personal finance for the first twenty years of my adult life. Then I came across some very powerful authors, most of whom have works readily available. In no particular order, the authors I have appreciated most in the area of helping me with my personal finances are Dave Ramsey, David Bach, Robert Kiyosaki, T. Harve Eker, Suze Orman, and co-authors Vicky Robin and Joe Dominguez. Best of luck in continuing to educate and empower yourself, which will make you that much more able to help others. :D

Offline Profile   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill, Fiscal Fitness Moderator