------------------- Edited & Added To List June 15, 2012 --------------------------27) Live in a smaller home
27a) I have a (now single as his wife passed away) great uncle who recently moved from a 3 story home to a 1 story home. He saved on utility bills, maintenance, and cleaning. If the kids have moved out do you really need a four room three bathroom home?28) Use the Barter System
28a) Have a skill? Are you a great photographer and need a plumber? Why not exchange a family photo shoot for a couple of hours of plumbing work. Or how about music lessons in say piano or guitar?29) Start a Side Business or Get a Part-time Job
29a) Blogging is a good option or being a free-lance writer. Even perhaps starting up your own photography business or baking business might be a fun/good idea. 30) When you buy food, make sure to eat it!
30a) Wasting food can add up quick. If we don’t eat our fresh food and vegetables they can go to waste. 31) CashBack Rewards on Debit Cards?
31a) 1% or 2% back on all purchases. Check out http://www.perkstreet.com/
31b) Sounds too good to be true? I had questions here are some of the answers I found:
- They do not have physical branches
- Similar to ING Direct, to make a deposit you have to transfer the $ from another account or set up direct deposit.
- They do offer checkbooks (and the first one is free)
- They have live phone service 24/7
- Free online banking and bill pay
- According to their website they have the “Nation’s largest surcharge-free ATM network”
- No minimum balance requirement
- FDIC insured up to $250,000
31c) The Catch? There is a monthly inactivity fee of $4.50 if you don’t use your debit card or write a check that month.