Books or article on personal finance tips (not investing)

What small tips and tricks have you found that made a difference in your personal finance life? What great article did you just read? Found a great blog?

Moderator: lvergon

surferdudehb

Books or article on personal finance tips (not investing)

Postby surferdudehb » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:55 am

I've found a few good reads like "Boglehead's guide to investing" but I'm looking for literature on everyday finance tips/ planning and guidelines. Things that encompasses your finances as a whole.

jdmartin

Re: Books or article on personal finance tips (not investing)

Postby jdmartin » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:56 am

I recommend "Your Money or your Life" by Joe Dominguez/Vicki Robin to everyone. I don't need any of their information any more these days, but I still listen to that book a couple of times a year just to always keep my head in the right place (even people with money need to remember it's easy to piss it away!). Not only do I think it embodies a lot of the spirit of this place, but it is great for helping people who have no concept of money understand how you are expending your time when you carelessly toss money around. Hours that could have been spent doing anything else you wanted, but were spent instead on getting funds to buy something you were going to trash in short order, or never needed in the first place.
"Money is better than poverty, for financial reasons" - Woody Allen

altonroot

Re: Books or article on personal finance tips (not investing)

Postby altonroot » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:20 am

Personally, I believe all personal finance tips are covered in Warren Buffett's single quote

“Do not save what is left after spending; instead spend what is left after saving.”

But one should refer the veteran's suggestions on Personal finance management. You can check such at FreePriceCompare's blog (https://freepricecompare.com/news/). Here geeks writes articles on how to cut-down the premiums of life insurance, car insurance and home insurance. You can also get thrifty tips on energy as well.
How To Prioritize Your Finances? – Find The Answer!
https://freepricecompare.com

Return to “Tips, Tricks, Links, Pointers”