- 1) Can I do without it?
2) Does it do more than required?
3) Does it cost more than it's worth?
4) Can we do what it does with things we already have?
5) How often will we use it?
6) Where will we store it?
7) Will using it be more work than we're apt to want to do?
8 ) How many ways can we use it?
9) Have we checked with people who own one and with consumer ratings?
10) Would I be smarter to resist and put the money towards another goal?
11) If the item does not satisfy these criteria, can I at least resell it for a decent price?
This list has really helped me keep my ducks in a row and my money in my pocket. Hope it helps some of you too!