Best Sites for Helping with Credit

What small tips and tricks have you found that made a difference in your personal finance life? What great article did you just read? Found a great blog?

Moderator: lvergon

MoneyManZ

Best Sites for Helping with Credit

Postby MoneyManZ » Sat May 28, 2016 3:00 am

What are your favorite sites for helping with building your credit. What are the best sites for building credit, or anything credit.

For me it is...

CreditKarma.com
ADS NOT ALLOWED
TheSimpleDollar.com

You?

Enigma

Re: Best Sites for Helping with Credit

Postby Enigma » Sun May 29, 2016 8:54 am

I use CreditKarma as well... Also would suggest 'Freezing' your credit. It keeps from hard pulls and from others using your credit

https://www.freeze.equifax.com

It is a pain when you go to unlock your credit later. Until you get used to freezing and unfreezing. All three have sites to lock them down Experian and Transunion

RetailerDepot

Postby RetailerDepot » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:13 pm

Before you set sail with your financial future, you must know where you stand now. So don't for get to pull your free credit report at the official government site http://www.annualcreditreport.com Plus CreditKarma.com does offer a free credit score as well. Look for any odd activity in your credit report like a wrong social security number, addresses, and account numbers. If you discover any errors let the credit bureau know with their online form. Best of luck.
Never settle for less than you dream you to be.

Enigma

Postby Enigma » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:47 am

You are already using creditkarma... I would suggest freezing your credit with all three agencies. Thus people/businesses will not be able to pull your credit causing more damage. It will still allow you to fix your credit and build credit with existing accounts.

Return to “Tips, Tricks, Links, Pointers”