Wall Street virtual stock trade game

What small tips and tricks have you found that made a difference in your personal finance life? What great article did you just read? Found a great blog?

Moderator: lvergon

ksepetaka

Wall Street virtual stock trade game

Postby ksepetaka » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:41 am

World is in financial crise. Learn how to survive and play virtual stock exchange trading with stocks and goods. Only the best wins!

http://stockgame.cjb.net/

See rankings:

JerichoHill
Site Admin

Postby JerichoHill » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:41 am

I like this, but I'm moving this to links, tips, and tricks as I think its better there.
C.R.E.A.M
Government Economist
CoffeeCents - PF lessons in 15 minutes
Czar of GRS Forums.

Night Runner

Postby Night Runner » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:53 pm

It sounds like a fun concept, but it's still just a game. Real-life investing is a lot different. First of all, you're "playing" with real money, and most people are too impulsive and impatient: they buy on the hype (current gold craze, anybody?), sell whenever the price dips, panic easily, don't think long-term, etc. It's easy to stay cool when you know you're trading "funny money" and it won't affect your livelihood in any way. And then, of course, there's the 3-day waiting period for your funds to clear after you execute a trade (unless you're trading on margin, in which case, IIRC, it's only 1 business day). And who can forget about the Day Pattern Trading brought to you by the beloved SEC? I.e., if you have less than $25,000 in your trading account, you're a horrible, irresponsible and probably dumb human being and should not be allowed to do more than 3 day-trades per week. :roll:

So yes, this is definitely a fun game - but it's just a game. I daresay that the real market is a lot more difficult.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.

dtr

Postby dtr » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:35 pm

I prefer to play poker with fake money.
DTR

Return to “Tips, Tricks, Links, Pointers”