Canadian - long mobile long-distance calls

What small tips and tricks have you found that made a difference in your personal finance life? What great article did you just read? Found a great blog?

Moderator: lvergon

squished18

Canadian - long mobile long-distance calls

Postby squished18 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:40 am

Just thought I'd share how my wife and I currently setup our cell phones that we can economically talk over long distances using our mobile phones. We both have cell phones. My wife is on Rogers with a My5 Canada-wide plan. She sets one of her My5 numbers to my cell phone number. My cell phone is on a Telus prepaid (Pay-As-You-Go) plan. Sometime before we chat, I jump on the mytelusmobility.com web site and enable the Unlimited Incoming feature on my phone. That gives me unlimited talk time for incoming calls for $1.00/day. After the call is done, I go back on the mytelusmobility.com web site and disable the Unlimited Incoming feature. Otherwise, it will automatically renew itself for the next day.

squished

brad

Postby brad » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:22 pm

Nice tip!

Another option is to use a Yak Mobile card, which gives you long-distance calling anwhere in Canada or the US for 3.5 cents/minute. See http://www.yak.ca/product/yak-cell/overview

Return to “Tips, Tricks, Links, Pointers”