Economic and finance forums?

What small tips and tricks have you found that made a difference in your personal finance life? What great article did you just read? Found a great blog?

Moderator: lvergon

Masterlandlord

Economic and finance forums?

Postby Masterlandlord » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:15 pm

Hi Please respond to this subject.

Yes I respect gettingrichslowly forum, but I would like to use some other Economic forums as well.

There exist Mr Money mustache forum, but please do not suggest that forum to me.
Mr Money Mustache Forum is not my taste enough said crazy and drunk people over there.

Please suggest me other forums as long as they are English speaking forums that talk about economics and investing.

Enigma

Re: Economic and finance forums?

Postby Enigma » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:27 am

I have been reading and posting on the MMM forum you have talked about recently. I dont really care for it either. Seems like everyone is trying to live below their means and haven't really pushed themselves to be better or richer. One of the last posts I read was 'Who is really living the mustachian lifestyle of 20-30k/year."

I do like this forum even if their isnt a lot of members

DJFlare99

Postby DJFlare99 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:09 am

Agree. Not a fan of MMM. The overuse of the term "mustachian" is a bit annoying. Almost cultish. It seems like the focus is "live on less and less and less". MMM himself retired with only $1MM, and live on <$30K per year. It works for him, but for most people, I don't think that's enough buffer.

I regularly go on biggerpockets.com, which is mostly real estate. There you will find people who're all about real estate, then more real estate, and heck, dump your 401k to invest in real estate.

I also regularly go on fatwallet.com under their "finance" forum. Fatwallet.com is a lot more diverse in topics, such as the latest medical bill, the latest business news, or the latest credit card offer.

I also like this forum. I like the fact that it's smaller and I'm getting to know some of your perspectives. Wish there's a bit more people though. And less spam.

altonroot

Postby altonroot » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:36 am

Hey friends..

Once I have read fruitful discussion at financemarkets forums. It is similar to his forum but limited to UK audience. Another forum you may like is ukbusinessforums.
I was an active member there but since last one year, I never signed in.!!
How To Prioritize Your Finances? – Find The Answer!
https://freepricecompare.com

Masterlandlord

Postby Masterlandlord » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:22 am

DJFlare99 wrote:Agree. Not a fan of MMM. The overuse of the term "mustachian" is a bit annoying. Almost cultish. It seems like the focus is "live on less and less and less". MMM himself retired with only $1MM, and live on <$30K per year. It works for him, but for most people, I don't think that's enough buffer.

I regularly go on biggerpockets.com, which is mostly real estate. There you will find people who're all about real estate, then more real estate, and heck, dump your 401k to invest in real estate.

I also regularly go on fatwallet.com under their "finance" forum. Fatwallet.com is a lot more diverse in topics, such as the latest medical bill, the latest business news, or the latest credit card offer.

I also like this forum. I like the fact that it's smaller and I'm getting to know some of your perspectives. Wish there's a bit more people though. And less spam.

Yeah Cultish almost on some occasions. Most fun example for me was some dude who suggested go live in the bush so to say go live on the roads. He also bragged how he can survive almost on nothing with his wife.

What ended that conversation was people found out that he is anyway going to inherit money lots of it like more then a million. A dude that says quit your job and go and live on nothing right not the correct advice. Now to this dudes credit he was very handy with hands, but if he said he quit his job and drives around with housecar and fixes things for money occasionally for people that does not sound as totally retired either.

Now I do understand that green party exist i.e save nature etc. That does not mean we must go back to stoneage and live in the bush or on the road. Yeah he was like a really green go bush go on the road type. I am not member of green party first of all I am PRO Nuclear power, but neither do I hate the green party.

LiquidMercury

Postby LiquidMercury » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:25 pm

Just hop on reddit and go check out financialindependence subreddit. It's a decent balance of living modestly but with a focus on making more. You will see people being realistic in their search for FIRE (financial independence early retirement) not too frugal but also not over the top in what they spend.

Return to “Tips, Tricks, Links, Pointers”