Cashflow Clubs

Here we will talk about our efforts to improve financial literacy in our communities.

Moderators: lvergon, Fiscal Fitness Moderator

kombat

Re: Cashflow Clubs

Postby kombat » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:23 am

Cashflow 101? That's that game by that scammer fraudster Robert Kiyosaki, right?

kaufenpreis

Postby kaufenpreis » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:42 pm

Is Cash Flow 101 right for you?

It depends. Although it is primarily an educational board game, the product is really quite expensive (about $195).

So if you're not motivated, don't like to play games or don't have the desire to change your financial future, then Cashflow 101 is not right for you. Instead read Rich Dad books or other publications about investing.

Besides, the more people playing cash Flow 101 the better the interactivity. (maximum of 6 players). So make sure your friends or relatives share the same interest with you.

A word of caution. The cash Flow boardgame does not provide legal and investment advice, only basic financial education.

For those of you who really need to improve your vocabulary on investing or have a strong desire to move from the real "rat race" to the fast track, Cash Flow 101 can really help you get started.

If you're interested you can also join the cashflow clubs or find players in your local area.

Eagle

Postby Eagle » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:48 pm

kombat wrote:Cashflow 101? That's that game by that scammer fraudster Robert Kiyosaki, right?

I've actually thought about buying the game. Why do you think Kiyosaki is a fraudster?

From the Manufacturer
The Board Game USA Today Calls \"Monopoly on Steroids\" has been updated in 2012 with improved colors and graphics and better instructions so that your learning experience can be the best possible. It's Time to Get Out of the Rat Race. What's your dream? Freedom of time? Unlimited resources to travel the world? Whatever it may be, CASHFLOW 101 teaches you how to get out of the Rat Race and onto the Fast Track, how to make your money work for you – not the other way around. CASHFLOW 101 is an educational board game that simulates real life financial strategies and situations. As a simulation, you learn valuable lessons and gain priceless insights into personal finance and investing without having to put your actual money at risk. Developed by Robert Kiyosaki, author of the #1 personal finance book of all time, Rich Dad Poor Dad, CASHFLOW 101 is the ultimate realization of Robert's vision of an interactive tool for financial education, and the fulfillment of his belief that we learn best by doing. CASHFLOW 101 is an educational board game that teaches accounting, finance, and investing at the same time - and makes learning fun!
~ Eagle
www.eaglesoaringhigher.com

Eagle

Postby Eagle » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:50 pm

kaufenpreis wrote:Is Cash Flow 101 right for you?

It depends. Although it is primarily an educational board game, the product is really quite expensive (about $195).

So if you're not motivated, don't like to play games or don't have the desire to change your financial future, then Cashflow 101 is not right for you. Instead read Rich Dad books or other publications about investing.

Besides, the more people playing cash Flow 101 the better the interactivity. (maximum of 6 players). So make sure your friends or relatives share the same interest with you.

A word of caution. The cash Flow boardgame does not provide legal and investment advice, only basic financial education.

For those of you who really need to improve your vocabulary on investing or have a strong desire to move from the real "rat race" to the fast track, Cash Flow 101 can really help you get started.

If you're interested you can also join the cashflow clubs or find players in your local area.

Actually you can buy this game for $60 with Amazon Prime. Or if you don't have Prime you can get it for $53.00 + $7.49 shipping.
~ Eagle
www.eaglesoaringhigher.com

kombat

Postby kombat » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:23 am

Eagle wrote:Why do you think Kiyosaki is a fraudster?

John T. Reed wrote a well-researched piece explaining the many flaws of Kiyosaki and his book, but in summary, "Poor Dad" didn't exist, his book is a bunch of fabrications, it doesn't actually contain any actionable advice at all, he lends his name to a series of "Get Rich Quick" scammer seminars that lure people in with a free lunch and then rip them off horribly, his story changes, he's not nearly as rich as he claims, yada yada yada. The guy is a piece of garbage that scams people.

GordonLynx

Postby GordonLynx » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:13 am

I was just given the Cash Flow 101 game with no instructions. Does anyone have a copy they could give me or a link to some?

Can you play it with just 2 players or is it better to have more? Thanks

Masterlandlord

Postby Masterlandlord » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:46 pm

Oh here we go again. It is your opinion. Robert Kioysaki basic things that he says about economy is not scam. I know perfectly well that index and stock investors don't like him and he advocate real estate. Rich Dad Poor Dad is one of the oldest motivators for many people interested in economy.

Ethan Vanderbuilt youtube video about Robert Kioysaki? I don't like that dude anyway he is a bit flawed himself.

As usual what works for people differ. Robert Kioysaki is rather a risktaker investment advice.

Dave Ramsey is more like safe advice, but certainly not a great way to become rich fast in my opinion.

Now how I see it for me is something between Dave Ramsey and Robert Kioysaki advice or rather use both of their advice those pieces that works for me personally. For someone else Robert Kioysaki advice of becoming entreprenur have caused them to become very rich (but with considerable risk and lots of hard work usually), but personally I have not chosen that route.

kombat

Postby kombat » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:42 am

Masterlandlord wrote:Oh here we go again.

Huh? You just necro'd a thread that no one's posted in for a year-and-a-half.

Masterlandlord wrote:It is your opinion.

Backed by extensive facts, research, and evidence. I already cited the John T. Reed article in an earlier post. And pointed out that he profits by selling his name to the "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" seminars that scam unsuspecting people out of their savings.

Masterlandlord wrote:Ethan Vanderbuilt youtube video about Robert Kioysaki? I don't like that dude anyway he is a bit flawed himself.

Ad hominem fallacy. Attacking the source does not invalidate the evidence.

Masterlandlord wrote:Robert Kioysaki is rather a risktaker investment advice.

I'm not aware of any actual, specific advice he's ever given. He just spouts a lot of noncommittal, meaningless rhetoric and trite clichés.

Masterlandlord wrote:Now how I see it for me is something between Dave Ramsey and Robert Kioysaki advice or rather use both of their advice those pieces that works for me personally.

Again, what concrete, actionable "advice" has Robert Kiyosaki ever actually proffered?

Masterlandlord wrote:For someone else Robert Kioysaki advice of becoming entreprenur have caused them to become very rich

Like who? Can you point to a single millionaire who credits Robert Kiyosaki's "advice" as pivotal to their success?

kombat

Postby kombat » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:16 am

kombat wrote: What concrete, actionable "advice" has Robert Kiyosaki ever actually proffered? Can you point to a single millionaire who credits Robert Kiyosaki's "advice" as pivotal to their success?

No response, eh MasterLandlord?

Masterlandlord

Postby Masterlandlord » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:16 pm

Eh sorry for necro old topic. My bad I admit that :roll:
kombat wrote:Like who? Can you point to a single millionaire who credits Robert Kiyosaki's "advice" as pivotal to their success?

Well not by name. However I meet during 2017 or 2018(they have a yearly meeting for those who are in my countrys biggest private landlord/landlady club, but I have actually fairly recently joined in year 2016) a lot of landlords/landladies and I can ask them.

I am not a millionaire, but I do fairly ok. I can thank Robert Kioysaki. However for example landlord is
better in my country Finland, but in USA when you get so much less tax for buying stocks etc. and Vandguard etc then I am bit neutral about that.

Robert Kioysaki is not the only people that I thank. I thank Dave Ramsey and personally I like to be between Kioysaki and Ramsey advice... like "debt for investment is good" Kioysaki, but however also "don't get to much debt and pay of the debt" Ramsey... both advice is ok for me so I consider me using both of their advice.

kombat

Postby kombat » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:15 am

Dave Ramsey issues actual, concrete advice. He's got his "baby steps." Guidelines like, "never lend money - give it instead, and only if you can afford to." I used to listen to his podcast, and on virtually every call, he would offer actionable advice. I stopped listening because it got repetitive. Eventually, if you listen long enough, you realize you're hearing the same questions over and over again, and you can easily predict what Dave is going to recommend. On insurance, on taxes, on small businesses, Dave always gave callers actual things they could/should do. His investing advice was horrible, but at least he was very clear and specific.

But Kiyosaki is different, and I'm surprised you continue to defend him. I've actually read Rich Dad, Poor Dad (I own a copy), and there's nothing in it. It's just a bunch of motivational fluff. There's no actual, concrete advice in there.

Return to “Community Involvement”