dcsimg The Get Rich Slowly Forums • View topic - Online Billpay, etc.

GRS Home  Forum Home
Bank Rates Center
   Savings Account Rates
   Money Market Rates
   Highest CD Rates
Insurance Rates Center
  Auto           Health
   Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:03 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:26 am 

I bank with USAA and recently signed up for ING's Electric Orange 4.00% checking account.

I'm switching back and my initial deposit hasn't even cleared.

I found the interface to be cluttered, garish and unintuitive, and the pay bills option is not e-billing. I got the impression they would be mailing paper checks, requiring 3-5 day lead times. USAA partners with CheckFree and payments clear on the day they're made to any business which uses the service (and everyone but my utility company and my landlord publish an e-bill).

Initially, the 4% rate was a big draw, but in the end USAA is doing everything I need, and I get $15 worth of ATM fees reimbursed every month so I don't need to worry about which ATMs I use.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:51 pm 

botono9 wrote:
I bank with USAA and recently signed up for ING's Electric Orange 4.00% checking account.

I'm switching back and my initial deposit hasn't even cleared.

I found the interface to be cluttered, garish and unintuitive, and the pay bills option is not e-billing. I got the impression they would be mailing paper checks, requiring 3-5 day lead times. USAA partners with CheckFree and payments clear on the day they're made to any business which uses the service (and everyone but my utility company and my landlord publish an e-bill).

Initially, the 4% rate was a big draw, but in the end USAA is doing everything I need, and I get $15 worth of ATM fees reimbursed every month so I don't need to worry about which ATMs I use.

Depending on your tier, you can get https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/McStaticPages?key=bank_savings right now, and it's cake to transfer between checking and savings, so yeah, USAA is the way to go, IMO.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:20 pm 

My credit union's online billpay lets me schedule future payments without making the monthly payments automatic. I also have it set to send me e-mail reminders when my due date for regular monthly bills approaches when a payment hasn't yet been scheduled. So far, that's been very effective for me--even when my finances were more month-to-month, I could enter my payment as soon as the bill arrived, scheduled for after my next paycheck ...

Offline Profile   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Moderators: bpgui, JerichoHill Go to page Previous  1, 2