Do you have an April copy of Money?

Saving & investing, frugality & simple living. They're all part of the wealth equation.
Here's the place to discuss getting (and keeping!) your money.

Moderator: lvergon

consultantjournal

Do you have an April copy of Money?

Postby consultantjournal » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:31 pm

I am supposed to be quoted in the April edition of Money. I can't find it here in Vancouver and, although the reporter is sending me a copy, it will take a month or so to arrive. Can anyone help me out by telling me if the article appears? It would be in an article about how to be a consultant or something to that effect. I had an hour-long interview, but the reporter may have just mined me for story information and only given me a one-line quote (or less!).
Andrea Coutu
Consultant Journal
www.consultantjournal.com

tinyhands

Postby tinyhands » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:58 am

Congratulations on becoming a quotable expert! I don't subscribe to Money, but I'll take a look at the newsstand next time I pass.

jdroth
Site Admin

Postby jdroth » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:02 am

Andrea, I have the April <i>Money</i>. Do you know who interviewed you? Was it Jean Chatzky? That's the only article that seems appropriate. I haven't read it yet, but I'll check when I do...

consultantjournal

Postby consultantjournal » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:18 pm

Hi JD,
It was Josh ****. I think he's a senior writer or editor.

Cheers,

Andrea
Last edited by consultantjournal on Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrea Coutu
Consultant Journal

consultantjournal

Postby consultantjournal » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:23 pm

I just found this article online: http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/17/magazin ... 2007032209. It's by the same writer and uses much of what I said in my hour-long interview. But I'm not even quoted. I sure as heck hope I show up elsewhere, because it's pretty unethical to interview someone for that long, use their info and then not even include a line.
Andrea Coutu
Consultant Journal

tinyhands

Postby tinyhands » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:10 pm

I had a few minutes between flights and flipped through the mag at the newsstand. It's the same thing as you linked-to online. Sorry, it looks like you got left out, because there wasn't anything else related in the issue.

consultantjournal

Postby consultantjournal » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:28 pm

Dang. I think I'll complain. The guy mined me for background info, which does appear in the article. Thanks, everybody.
Andrea Coutu
Consultant Journal

Cap

Postby Cap » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:20 am

consultantjournal wrote:I just found this article online: http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/17/magazin ... 2007032209. It's by the same writer and uses much of what I said in my hour-long interview. But I'm not even quoted. I sure as heck hope I show up elsewhere, because it's pretty unethical to interview someone for that long, use their info and then not even include a line.

bummer. happened to me once when this guy from smart money talked to me at length about online banking accounts (high-yield savings etc.). got my info down, told me a fact checker will contact me if need be and never heard got any follow up. some of the info did show up in an article later though. but eh, they're generic enough that someone else could have provided him with it too.

were the infos printed/posted online word for word yours or very similar that it must be yours?

Return to “Personal Finance”