AAA Gas Card

Saving & investing, frugality & simple living. They're all part of the wealth equation.
Here's the place to discuss getting (and keeping!) your money.

Moderator: lvergon

robblatt

AAA Gas Card

Postby robblatt » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:13 am

So I've been thinking about the AAA Gas Rebate Card.

They got some bad press a while back for dropping the rebate from 5% to 3%, but I don't know much else about it. anyone using it? I can't even find an information page about it online because of AAA's poor navigation on their website.

nickel

Postby nickel » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:20 am

It seems like most reward cards have scaled back their rewards over the past year or so. Whereas 5% used to be the standard upper--tier, it now seems that 3% is the most common.

That being said, I don't know anything about the AAA card. I used the Citi Driver's Edge card. I linked to my review of it in another reward cards thread here on the GRS forums. They are currently offering double rebates (so 6% on gas, groceries and drug stores) for the first 12 months after which it reverts to 3%. The reward cap is also fairly high ($1000 vs. $300 for many other cards).

Jely520

Postby Jely520 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:47 am

I have this card, and the 2-5% depends on how much else you put on the card. I normally get the 5% back since its my main card :)

I really have no problem with the card. I like AAA as a company; I like their roadside assistance; I like the auto insurance company.

My only problem with the card is that BofA just recently bought MBNA, so the card is now a BofA card. But I haven't had any issues with the switch. I just don't like BofA.

The other nice thing about the AAA gas card is that if you use AutoClub's travel service and use that card, you get excellent deals.

:D

Return to “Personal Finance”