dcsimg The Get Rich Slowly Forums • View topic - ThriveQ Retirement Planning Tool

GRS Home  Forum Home
Bank Rates Center
   Savings Account Rates
   Money Market Rates
   Highest CD Rates
Insurance Rates Center
  Auto           Health
   Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:51 pm

Post subject: ThriveQ Retirement Planning Tool
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:46 pm 
Site Admin

Hm. I may start using the forums to post things that I don't have time or room for on the front page, buch which I think may interest some of you. For example, I just received the following press release:

Quote:
RETIREMENT PLANNING ITEM: New Tool Helps Find Your Retirement IQ
Thrivent Financial recently launched ThriveQ - a first-of-its-kind Web site (http://www.thriveq.com) that helps assess the health of your retirement by exploring your retirement goals and financial readiness. Rather than giving you an intimidating dollar figure needed for retiring, you get a ThriveQ number – your retirement IQ - and an action item list to help with your retirement preparation. Your ThriveQ can improve over the course of your years prior to retirement and also takes into account a user’s retirement goals beyond having enough money, such as if they want to volunteer or travel after retirement. Moreover, there is no hard-sell, anyone can create a free ThriveQ account (not just Thrivent Financial clients) and track their progress through the Web site.

This tool looks interesesting, but I don't have the time or patience to sit through it right now. I have to much to do. It asks you a series of questions about your priorities, and then, I'm guessing, makes recommendations. I'd love to hear your impressions of the tool if you give it a go.

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:04 pm 

Thought I'd check this out. Got to question 4 of "Principle One" and hit a roadblock.

The question is: If you could make one wish about how to improve your financial situation, what would it be?
* Manage my debt and bring balance to my spending.
* Save more money.
* Learn which financial and insurance products are best for me.
* Know how to best allocate assets in my portfolio.
* Determine how much I need to save for my retirement, children's education, and/or other major future expenses.
* Know how to calculate and manage my income in retirement.

My answer is not on the list. The biggest thing I want to know is how to make more money. In a more general sense, I want to be more productive. I want to create more value from my time and energy. In my opinion, none of these choices reflect that. In any case, I chose "Determine how much I need..."

squished

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:34 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, I ran into a couple of roadblocks too. It's strange that some of the questions have "none of the above" options, but others don't...

Offline Profile E-mail