Business Banking and Credit Card--What do you recommend?

Saving & investing, frugality & simple living. They're all part of the wealth equation.
Here's the place to discuss getting (and keeping!) your money.

Moderator: lvergon

Shanna

Business Banking and Credit Card--What do you recommend?

Postby Shanna » Fri May 11, 2007 10:10 am

Hi All,
I am a solopreneur and I need to get a business account and credit card. I have several bank accounts now (credit union, ING Direct), one at my credit union that I use for business, but I am not that happy with the arrangement. I am a bit overwhelmed by the choices available so any input would be appreciated. I don't really write checks and my expenses/expenditures are minimal. I have stellar credit and am debt-free other than my mortgage and a half (half owner of mom's place). I have a "day job" but would like to go solo full-time--soon! Oh, I don't make a ton of $$$.
"What's the use of a fine house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on?"
Henry David Thoreau

MossySF

Postby MossySF » Fri May 11, 2007 11:54 am

If you don't need local branches, I'd say Fidelity Brokerage has the best overall deal around. If you need a physical branch, Citibank is maybe a bit better than others since they have some good cashback credit cards.

fontraid

Postby fontraid » Fri May 11, 2007 3:21 pm

For business credit cards, I'd like to direct you over to an entry on Jonathan's blog.

consultantjournal

Postby consultantjournal » Fri May 11, 2007 4:57 pm

If you use your own name, you can probably just open a personal banking account and personal credit card. As long as you don't use them for personal transactions, it's all the same to the government.
Andrea Coutu
Consultant Journal
www.consultantjournal.com

Return to “Personal Finance”