Should I invest in stocks?

Saving & investing, frugality & simple living. They're all part of the wealth equation.
Here's the place to discuss getting (and keeping!) your money.

Moderator: lvergon

kris2pe

Should I invest in stocks?

Postby kris2pe » Wed May 16, 2007 8:38 am

I'm a fresh grad & would like to invest some of my savings on stocks though i don't know how to work w/ stock just yet! So should I go ahead & trust a broker on this?

tinyhands

Postby tinyhands » Wed May 16, 2007 8:48 am

Well, if you don't know how to invest in stocks yet, I'd suggest that you hold off. Stick around here and you're going to pick up lots of valuable information.

How is your retirement savings (tax-deferred) coming along? Let's work on that first.
Read my 'fiscal fitness' financial disclosures <a href="http://www.getrichslowly.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=176">here</a>.

squished18

Postby squished18 » Wed May 16, 2007 8:52 am

As tinyhands suggests, most current financial advice has "investing in stocks" around "step 7" of a comprehensive financial plan. If you want to get rich, stay rich, and feel rich, investing in stocks is likely one of the less important things you can do.

squished

jer

Postby jer » Wed May 16, 2007 2:00 pm

If you don't understand the stock market, don't put money into it.

Learn about it first, while taking care of things that should probably come before stock investing anyway.

cbast82

Postby cbast82 » Thu May 17, 2007 11:17 am

as JD always says-- Sharebuilder has some great tools for you if you're just getting interested in the stock market and want to learn and invest with a small amount of money. www.sharebuilder.com

Return to “Personal Finance”