Scottrade No Load/No Fee Mutual Funds

Saving & investing, frugality & simple living. They're all part of the wealth equation.
Here's the place to discuss getting (and keeping!) your money.

Moderator: lvergon

willdieh

Scottrade No Load/No Fee Mutual Funds

Postby willdieh » Thu May 17, 2007 11:07 am

Hi!
I stumbled onto this website whilst searching google for info on PEOPX (a Dreyfus S&P Index mutual fund). I found a nice post detailing the differences between PEOPX and DSPIX and discovered how amazing this forum is!

Does anyone out there use Scottrade? Scottrade has a vast multitude of no load/no fee mutal funds. Initially, I just searched for an S&P 500 index but was wondering if anyone else had some recommendations? In addition to the S&P 500 Index I have now (PEOPX soon to be changed to DSPIX), I guess I'll look into some small/mid/large/international funds.

Just curious if anyone had any suggestions :)

Thanks!!
Glad to be here!!

-William

pszalapski

Re: Scottrade No Load/No Fee Mutual Funds

Postby pszalapski » Wed May 23, 2007 9:29 am

willdieh wrote:Hi!
I stumbled onto this website whilst searching google for info on PEOPX (a Dreyfus S&P Index mutual fund). I found a nice post detailing the differences between PEOPX and DSPIX and discovered how amazing this forum is!

Does anyone out there use Scottrade? Scottrade has a vast multitude of no load/no fee mutal funds. Initially, I just searched for an S&P 500 index but was wondering if anyone else had some recommendations? In addition to the S&P 500 Index I have now (PEOPX soon to be changed to DSPIX), I guess I'll look into some small/mid/large/international funds.

Just curious if anyone had any suggestions :)

Thanks!!
Glad to be here!!

-William

Heh, glad my question could be used by others as well! I currently have DSPIX and PEOPX, but I'm thinking about getting out of Dreyfus into Vanguard Target Retirement funds....

Don't know anything about Scottrade...

willdieh

Postby willdieh » Wed May 23, 2007 10:27 am

Ja, I don't have access to vanguard funds except by ETFs I guess... My 403b (non-profit 401k) doesn't use vanguard and the vanguard funds aren't free at scottrade :(

So, I make do with what I have :)

MossySF

Postby MossySF » Wed May 23, 2007 10:36 am

Limiting yourself to just what's available in Scottrade/Etrade/Firstrade/etc's no load/no fee family is pretty hard. Is there a reason why you can't open an account directly with Vanguard/Fidelity/T.Rowe Price?

pf101

Postby pf101 » Wed May 30, 2007 12:11 pm

Be careful with Scottrade. I considered joining them until I realized that they don't offer free DRIP. This can be a problem with some funds and can get costly. If you plan on using DRIP investing then you should consider another brokerage or just go to the source of the fund and invest directly.

Return to “Personal Finance”