Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:54 am

Post subject: Re: Ways for Making Extra Money - In High School/College
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:13 am 

All these stated are hands on business. Once your hand stop, your income stop unless you start a company paying people to do these stuffs.

Have you thought of joining a network company?

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:33 am 

LjnBai wrote:
All these stated are hands on business. Once your hand stop, your income stop unless you start a company paying people to do these stuffs.

Have you thought of joining a network company?

Do you mean mulit-level marketing pyramid schemes? Pass. I've tried that twice. Waste of money. I'd rather have a steady paycheck and support my family.

The jobs on this list are for high school/college as the thread topic discloses. These aren't meant to be careers.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:02 am 

Thats a great question.

They're several ways you can get some extra cash for your pocket. I currently work in a distribution warehouse/ ok I work in my fathers distribution warehouse but I try and take as much advantage as I can. I bought a soda machine for about $700. Truck drivers are coming in and out frequently so I decided to just get it installed back there. I buy my sodas at a local walmart and sell the sodas for 75 cents. Its all profit now; I've had the coke machine for a while. Now, I know you all may not have a warehouse where truck drivers are coming in and out but you don't necessarily need one to get a nice porift from a soda machine. Ask relatives or friends who have a bussiness or anywhere where a lot of people tend to pass by. Oh and one other thing, make sure you get a multpile soda machine. One that accepts coins and dollar bills :D .

Another great way to get some extra money would be to collect cans. I collect cans when I have family or friends over at the house. Everyone knows now that the cans are important to me so no ones throws them away lol! I also save the cans I profit from my soda machine. I have a seperate dumpster where all cans are thrown. Im not saying you'll end up with $100 in your pocket but I do get around $13 for 2 small bags. Thats a free haircut! ;)

Last but not least, and personally my favorite, CRAIGLIST. If you have old stuff that you have no use for, check out your local listings and post your items. That is a great way to sell any old stuff you have just laying around in your home. "BARTERING" is also a nice option to look at. And you can also find that on Craiglist.

Hope my ideas help!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:42 am 

alextmz2 wrote:
That’s a great question.

They're several ways you can get some extra cash for your pocket. I bought a soda machine for about $700. Truck drivers are coming in and out frequently so I decided to just get it installed back there. I buy my sodas at a local Wal-Mart and sell the sodas for 75 cents. It’s all profit now; I've had the coke machine for a while. Now, I know you all may not have a warehouse where truck drivers are coming in and out but you don't necessarily need one to get a nice profit from a soda machine. Ask relatives or friends who have a business or anywhere where a lot of people tend to pass by. Oh and one other thing, make sure you get a multiple soda machine. One that accepts coins and dollar bills. :D

Great suggestion Alex! For a company I worked for I sold sodas, juice, water, energy drinks, candy bars, gum, and other various snacks. I made almost as much at the actual job as the drinks/snacks at one point! Walmart is a good start. Does your family have a Sam's Club or Cotsco membership? Might be cheaper to buy in bulk.

alextmz2 wrote:
Another great way to get some extra money would be to collect cans. I collect cans when I have family or friends over at the house. Everyone knows now that the cans are important to me so no one throws them away lol! I also save the cans I profit from my soda machine. I have a separate dumpster where all cans are thrown. I’m not saying you'll end up with $100 in your pocket but I do get around $13 for 2 small bags. That’s a free haircut! ;)

That’s a great idea to generate a little extra cash! Plus it helps with the environment ;)

alextmz2 wrote:
Last but not least, and personally my favorite, CRAIGSLIST. If you have old stuff that you have no use for, check out your local listings and post your items. That is a great way to sell any old stuff you have just laying around in your home. "BARTERING" is also a nice option to look at. And you can also find that on Craiglist.

Hope my ideas help!

Craigslist is a good idea. Or eBay as well. Thanks for sharing!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:19 pm 

^ Thanks Eagle!

Yeah, Sams club is a store where you can usually purchase for a tad bit less. Wal-mart was the first name that came to mind though :D . Thanks for your replies!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:24 am 

I think these ideas are fantastic! Indeed, if you can find a blend between what you like to do and can do well in, and offer that to a market who is hungry for it, it'll be marvelous!

For me, I gave tuition and guitar lessons while I was schooling. That helped me make some extra money.

All the best!

www.LowHanYew.com
www.Twitter.com/LowHanYew
www.Facebook.com/LowHanYewPeter

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:11 am 

Hello, I just signed up when this forum caught my eye while I was researching leverage in the net. Its a great site and a community in here. I believe I could share some nuggets from my own experiences too. I have read the posts and I enjoyed the sharings and replies posted.
Personally, what I can add on ways for making extra money in high school or in college is through freelance jobs online like those in elance.com and better yet which I highly recommend - affiliate marketing!

Nice thread eagle! :)

...Eagle08
[signature spam removed by mod]

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:43 am 

Seems there are rip off reports for the crap you are selling!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:20 am 

I would add joining an online affiliate program and make money by promoting products to their mates and colleagues.

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Moderators: bpgui, JerichoHill Go to page Previous  1, 2