I would consider the following:
a) 1% or 2% back on all purchases. Check out http://www.perkstreet.com/
b) Sounds too good to be true? I had questions here are some of the answers I found:
- They do not have physical branches
- Similar to ING Direct, to make a deposit you have to transfer the $ from another account or set up direct deposit.
- They do offer checkbooks (and the first one is free)
- They have live phone service 24/7
- Free online banking and bill pay
- According to their website they have the “Nation’s largest surcharge-free ATM network”
- No minimum balance requirement
- FDIC insured up to $250,000
c) The Catch? There is a monthly inactivity fee of $4.50 if you don’t use your debit card or write a check that month.