Buy a car with no downpayment?

Saving & investing, frugality & simple living. They're all part of the wealth equation.
Here's the place to discuss getting (and keeping!) your money.

Moderator: lvergon

Bichon Frise

Re: Buy a car with no downpayment?

Postby Bichon Frise » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:00 pm

just the messanger...borrow what you are comfortable with. then refi with someone like penfed, 1.49% APR auto refi's 60 months and under.

https://www.penfed.org/refinance-auto-loan/
Bichon Frise

"If you only have 1 year to live, move to Penn...as it will seem like an eternity."

avocado wrote:Good to see you back, I was starting to miss your incisive commentary!

candicem

Postby candicem » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:47 am

I once bought a "slightly used" car that I later found out was returned by the original owner as a lemon. It had MAJOR transmission issues and had the transmission replaced several times. From what I learned, the original owner negotiated with the dealer to get a new car. The dealer, in a loophole, never reported the car as a lemon. So despite my car fax check, it wasn't flagged as a lemon when they sold it to me. Since I was not the original owner, I couldn't claim the car as a lemon. But I had a case under the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. I settled for some money on it. But the entire thing was a horrible decision for me and a HUGE financial drain. I was right out of college and this was the first car I ever bought by myself. For being an almost new car, it had more mechanical problems than my previous beater car.

dontgopoor

Postby dontgopoor » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:34 am

By the way, I share a link from Edmunds on a inside info and advice on how to buy a car at my G+ page - story is titled: "Where Does the Car Dealer Make Money".

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/113845064 ... 5859/posts
www.dontgopoor.com
SOLD: Don't Go Poor and Miserable Being Sold Happiness - teaching consumers how to buy

nelson

Postby nelson » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:23 pm

Buy a cheaper car and pay cash.

Return to “Personal Finance”