Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:14 am

Post subject: Need some feedback on my website
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:42 pm 

Figured this was the place to come for some feedback on my website, which is mortgage related. Wanted to see if you fine people would take a look, browse around and let me know what you think. Mainly looking for suggestions on things you would want to see on a mortgage website if you were shopping for a mortgage, or at least trying to educate yourself on mortgages.

One thing I won't put on the website is interest rates. There are too many variables involved, and regulations if I want to be precise.

http://www.ohiomortgagesolutions.com

Thanks in advance. (side note, I am not a web developer, so this is one of my first shots at putting together a website, so be gentle)

FYI...the image on the homepage and the header is screwed up currently. Working on fixing it.

Ohio Mortgage Solutions
Ohio FHA Mortgage

Last edited by TCstr8 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Re: Need some feedback on my website
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:04 pm 

I personally think the "HARP 2.0 Do You Qualify" banner is a little large (though good-looking, so I'd just shrink it). Then, I would add a personal sentence to the end of the couple sentences below it -- something like, "With over __ years of experience guiding buyers and owners through the process, T.C. Strait looks forward to building a relationship with you." So, that's kind of weird sounding, but something that mentions you and experience/reliability. I like your fonts, styling, images, calculators (though the purchase one seems not to be operational yet?), and organization. If you're photogenic or have a seasoned/trustworthy look, consider adding a photo of yourself, though I like the current photo on your "Contact" page. The rotating testimonials are also cool. The things I wanted to know when I was buying a home for the first time, and then refinancing, were about how the process works. That is, what will you need from me? Once I give it to you, what will happen next? When's the appraisal? How is that set up? What else should I expect to happen before closing? How long until closing? What are the various categories of costs relating to this entire process? Alternatively, your website needs to make clear that you will walk the people through the entire process (i.e., don't worry if you don't know everything about the process, because I can walk you through step by step). I also wanted some assurance that the mortgage broker was going to do a good (accurate) job calculating fees/costs and/or double-checking what is received from the closing attorney before simply passing it along. (Yes, I caught errors in mine, and in my parent's recent sale, there was an error found after closing.) Finally, the bottom of your page has a copyright secion, but you need to update it, as it currently says, "COPYRIGHT (C) YOUR BUSINESS NAME." I hope this is helpful -- take what you like, and ignore what you don't!

Last edited by LeRainDrop on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:12 pm 

Awesome. Thanks for the thoughts. Thought I had fixed the copyright. And got to look into the calculator, I just checked and I assume you are talking about the PURCHASE MORTGAGE CALCULATOR. Not sure why it won't let you input anything. Always something.

I'll look at adding a section on the Loan Process.

Thanks again.

Ohio Mortgage Solutions
Ohio FHA Mortgage

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:40 pm 

I think this is a good start for your site! I agree with LeRainDrop about making the banner a little bit smaller.

Also, when I was looking around to figure out where to do our re-fi, I liked seeing pictures of the loan officers to make sure they didn't look too weird before I gave them my contact info. :D So maybe a nice headshot and bio about you somewhere on the site would reassure people that you're a professional?

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:06 am 

Looks like one of my goals is to get a good head shot then. Get that and a little bio of me on the website. Will also see what I have to do to get the slide (will be multiple slides once I get it up and running) smaller. Thanks for the feedback.

Ohio Mortgage Solutions
Ohio FHA Mortgage

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:43 am 

I thought your website was pretty nice.
I don't like the picture of you holding your business card in the contact section and your name/address is too big on the top right corner of that page.

I would remove the business card, and just type in your information, so someone can get to you easily.

The other comment is on the Ohio Auditor Page. I don't like that you wrote "I compiled x, y, and z." Maybe just state, 'Here is the most recent list of Ohio auditors. Click on the link above (since the capitalized letters after the word HERE don't have a hyperlink).

Otherwise, it looks good.

Offline Profile