Primeamerica Guy

Saving & investing, frugality & simple living. They're all part of the wealth equation.
Here's the place to discuss getting (and keeping!) your money.

Moderator: lvergon

fantasma

Primeamerica Guy

Postby fantasma » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:28 am

What is the reputation of this company? This guy is trying to sell his products; but something tells me they aren't that great.

Anywho what tipped me off is a comment I made with saving and he states one can get 9-12% in interest on a simple money market account.

I'm pretty sure this isn't true but educate me?
Be what you want to attract.

Bichon Frise

Re: Primeamerica Guy

Postby Bichon Frise » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:22 am

I tend to be risk adverse, so take this for what it's worth.

100 times out of 100 times, if I can't fully understand the deal, this includes picking over every last millimeter of fine print, I walk away. The form of "walking away" I prefer for the jerks at Primeamerica is usually a firm, friendly and fair "go screw yourself."
Bichon Frise

"If you only have 1 year to live, move to Penn...as it will seem like an eternity."

avocado wrote:Good to see you back, I was starting to miss your incisive commentary!

Tightwad

Postby Tightwad » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:31 am

fantasma wrote:Anywho what tipped me off is a comment I made with saving and he states one can get 9-12% in interest on a simple money market account.

In this economy? LOL!!!

kombat

Postby kombat » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:41 am

Primerica is a Multi-Level Marketing (MLM, pronounced "pyramid scam") company that sells grossly overpriced investment and whole-life insurance products. After they rip you off, they'll try to recruit you.

Avoid like the plague.

VinTek

Postby VinTek » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:46 am

Actually, I made some nice money from Primerica. But that came from buying its stock, not its products. I no longer hold any shares though. Pity, since they're up at an all time high right now.

LeRainDrop

Postby LeRainDrop » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:52 am

VinTek wrote:Actually, I made some nice money from Primerica. But that came from buying its stock, not its products. I no longer hold any shares though. Pity, since they're up at an all time high right now.

I can sympathize. I bought Apple stock sometime in the year 2000 for like $25 a share. Sold it a couple years later at around $12 a share -- BIGGEST investing regret to date :( (It's presently at $547, but hit $705 in September 2012.)

DoingHomework

Postby DoingHomework » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:15 pm

LeRainDrop wrote:
VinTek wrote:Actually, I made some nice money from Primerica. But that came from buying its stock, not its products. I no longer hold any shares though. Pity, since they're up at an all time high right now.

I can sympathize. I bought Apple stock sometime in the year 2000 for like $25 a share. Sold it a couple years later at around $12 a share -- BIGGEST investing regret to date :( (It's presently at $547, but hit $705 in September 2012.)

Hmm, if that's the biggest mistake you ever make you should count yourself lucky!

DoingHomework

Postby DoingHomework » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:18 pm

Fantasma, your radar is doing great. Primerica wants to sell you annuities and high fee investments that you almost certainly don't need or want.

Return to “Personal Finance”