dcsimg The Get Rich Slowly Forums • View topic - Smaller paychecks in 2013?

GRS Home  Forum Home
Bank Rates Center
   Savings Account Rates
   Money Market Rates
   Highest CD Rates
Insurance Rates Center
  Auto           Health
   Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:58 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: America's CEOs Want You to Work Until You're 70
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:03 pm 

DoingHomework wrote:
Bichon Frise wrote:
Wait until I rule the world and impose my VAT, with a couple of % going to SS. Means tested. On everyone. Herman Cain was made to look like a cuk, but I did like his tax plan.

I'll show you! I just won't buy anything! Ha! I've already got most of the stuff I need. I'll just catch a few fish, pick a few papayas for breakfast, and maybe buy a bag of rice now and then. But thanks for taxing the young workers who still need to buy stuff and go to work. That's teach them to be born at the wrong time.

Seriously though, I think a VAT makes some sense and that it is inevitable. But it disproportionately taxes younger people who are still "feathering their nest" and lets retirees off the hook to a large extent because their IRA withdrawals are not taxed as highly as they otherwise would need to be. So selfishly I like it. But I don't think it is the best thing for the country.

compared to retirees who don't pay any taxes already? Just a guess, but many in their older years probably pay very little in tax, especially with the 0% LTCG/Div.

Of course, half the country doesn't pay income tax. VAT. No way around it. Until they write a 'VAT refund' for those below a certain income level.

"If you only have 1 year to live, move to Penn...as it will seem like an eternity."

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Re: Smaller paychecks in 2013?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:33 pm 

Here's the "blog post" I wrote for a friend. If any are interested.

http://yourpfpro.com/an-argument-for-the-social-security-program-to-continue/

"If you only have 1 year to live, move to Penn...as it will seem like an eternity."

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:44 pm 

I posted on another thread, but one thing I am doing this year was cutting or changing services like internet and TV. If it makes sense, a refi might also be an option. Those two things for me will help me make back the 1500 or so I will missing this year compared to last.

In a broader sense, I think this 2% is going to have bigger impact than people realize. The holiday was fun while it lasted :) but I will not be surprised if we see a significant slow down in the economy this year....again.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:17 pm 

New article, http://finance.yahoo.com/news/5-ways-fix-social-security-201933557.html. Just food for thought and if anybody likes, discussion as well.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:20 pm 

In the current situation when mostly people are unemployed or under employed there are hurdles to save the money.Because you don't have much income as compare to expenses.In this year i also can't save much but due to some part time work i can get some money to save...

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Moderators: bpgui, JerichoHill Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7