Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:53 am

Post subject: computer os
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:27 pm 

If i delete an account in my computer (OS is windows 7) will the files in it also be deleted forever? There are three user accounts in my computer (OS is windows 7). I want to delete one of them. If i delete that account in my computer (OS is windows 7) will the files in it also be deleted forever?as in the files in the deleted account will not be seen in the admin's account?

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Re: computer os
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:13 am 

paylesa wrote:
If i delete an account in my computer (OS is windows 7) will the files in it also be deleted forever? There are three user accounts in my computer (OS is windows 7). I want to delete one of them. If i delete that account in my computer (OS is windows 7) will the files in it also be deleted forever?as in the files in the deleted account will not be seen in the admin's account?

Dunno offhand, I think the answer is that they will still be there and accessible from the admin account, but I'm not positive. However, if you're worried about it, just copy the files to a USB stick (which you ought to do for backup purposes anyway), or to another folder on the root C-drive.

And welcome to GRS, btw! :)

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:08 pm 

Save the files to the root of C:\\

Files stored in your Documents folder, user folder, and desktop will be gone. Take with a grain of salt but I believe I am fairly certain. Remember that setting in programs will be gone aswell as browser favorites. These are often missed.

Backup, backup, backup

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:37 pm 

Actually, when you delete a user account, it will prompt you and ask if you want delete the user's files as well. If you want to keep the files, they'll be saved in a folder on the desktop.

See http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/6619/beginner-geek-delete-user-accounts-in-windows-7/ for instructions.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:12 pm 

paylesa wrote:

It should ask when you select delete account if you want to save the files associated with that account or if you want to delete those files.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:40 pm 

Given this is almost certainly a pre-spam post, I've locked the original post to prevent future editing and spam infusion.

Offline Profile