Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:54 am

Post subject: PF in Spanish
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:04 am 

Hi guys!

I have become very interested in PF since I graduated a year ago. I really like to read GRS and TSD blogs and others. I am from Madrid, Spain and I have noticed the lack of PF blogs in Spanish. I am starting one translating some basic articles from these blogs. here it is the link http://fundapana.wordpress.com/

I would like to know if there is someone in this blog from Spain that would like to share ideas, give tips and adapt PF issues to a spanish/european point-of-view (health insurance, ...)

Any feedback is encouraged!!

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:47 am 
Site Admin

I dont know European Spanish or their issues, but I do speak, and used to teach PF basics, to Hispanics and Latinos here in DC.

Hola Amigo

Czar of GRS Forums.

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:29 pm 

Great, I hope they were receptive to PF issues. I volunteered in a local savings bank microcredit project while I was at the university (I majored in Business and Marketing). We interviewed and screened the applicants, that were mostly from South America, Peru and Ecuador mainly. I think that project was very bold because at the time they were illegal aliens. We made them aware of how important it was to make the payments on time but sadly it didn't involve teaching them how to manage the money better or anything related to PF. Anyway we didn't have the resources at the time for that. I hope that project is doing well.

By the way, if you can point me to the most relevant GRS articles on PF it would be helpful, because browsing the vast archive is really time consuming and I would prefer to focus on the translation. Sometimes I am not sure how to fit health insurance and retirement issues on it, because here they are compulsory, so people don't usually save that much for that.

Quote:
Hola Amigo
LOL :)

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:53 am 

My first GRS article translated into Spanish: "Personal finance made easy: Pay yourself first"

http://fundapana.wordpress.com/2008/07/05/antes-que-nada-pagate-a-ti-mismo/

Any idea how to post a picture with the articles without breaking any copyright law?

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:26 am 

Before you repost translated articles, you should probably contact the author of the article to make sure they are okay with that. I mean, I am almost 100% certain that J.D. and other PF bloggers will be fine with this, it is still courteous to contact them because they do hold copyright on their content.

Offline Profile