Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:19 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:02 pm 

Quote:
perhaps John needs to look for a new department or role at work. Some quiet backoffice where he can be productive without too much inter-personal contact.

From the description of his job that is what John already does.

I advocate for the 1 on 1 talk. Express that while he appreciates her trying to include him in the office banter, the way in which she is doing it actually makes him uncomfortable. No threats of escalation or "I'll take this to HR if you don't stop." Just a thanks, but no thanks, kind of conversation.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:36 pm 

Hopefully your situation will have gotten better by now since there have been no new postings. I would recommend 3 books that help explain personality differences. They have helped me greatly at work. They all relate to the Myers-Brigg 16 basic personality types.

FIrst book, Type Talk at Work by Otto Kroeger with Janet M. Thuesen;--how the 16 personality types determine your success on the job.

2nd Book, Type Talk by Kroeger and Thuesen -- the 16 personality types that determine how we live, love and work, based on the Myers-Briggs Type indicataor.

3rd Book, Life Types by Sandra Hirsch and Jean Kummerow, a Warner book, CR 1989.

The library might have these also for checkout. Even if it has worked out for yourself, these books are worthwhile looking at.

- Amy. INTP

Offline Profile   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill Go to page Previous  1, 2