Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:34 pm

Post subject: Is this a Life Crisis
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:48 am 

I am wondering if this is what a life crisis feels like, unhappy with life. Feeling confused about everything. Not knowing what direction I want to take with my life.

Every thought is flaky and fleeting. Everything that I thought I wanted seems to not stay ever present in my mind anymore.

I feel as if I am moving towards uncertainty and confusion. I don't know where I am at, who I want to be, who I am and where I am going anymore. I don't want my life to be a waste of time.

I don't feel as if I fit into my life and family anymore.

Ever felt trapped within you? What did you do to decompress or get out of a funk? Am I just being a spoiled brat, I don't have a horrible life. I just feel unsatisfied and unfulfilled. I should be happy but I am not. I want something else, just don't know what it is. I am not interested in shopping or spending money. I don't want to use t.v and reading as a way to escape. I gotta figure out how to better deal with these feelings of unrest. I just go through the motions of life, I don't want to be empty.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject: Re: Is this a Life Crisis
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:15 am 

I'm sure you have health insurance at your job, so maybe you should consider talking to a therapist. I know it's always a taboo thing to say, but they can help you figure out what's going on, and why you feel the way you do. Your insurance will cover it because your company wants you to be a happy, healthy, productive worker, and with thoughts like these, it's not happening.

Getting your mind right is the first step in getting your life under control and setting goals and following through with your plans/dreams. Sad/depressing thoughts aren't going to help you reach them.

Dont' worry..everyone has these thoughts at one time or another, so you're not a freak of nature. :)

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:35 pm 

I agree. If the thoughts are just fleeting, then dont worry about. If they persist, look into some professional help.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:12 am 

You mentioned on your journal that you've been working a lot of overtime. This has to affect your outlook on life. Sometimes you can feel as if your whole reason for existing is to work and pay down debt. For some, this may be a necessary phase, but only a phase.

When you reach some of the goals for which you're doing the OT, scale it back and take a little time to recharge your mental and emotional batteries. Once you've done that and life doesn't consist primarily of work, your outlook may change of its own accord.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:52 pm 

Ditto what everyone else has said about therapy if this persists.

However, perhaps something that would help would be to do something different in your free time. When I get like this I just try to get involved in something - one year I joined Team in Training and raised funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. One time I joined a class for vegetable gardening. Another time I volunteered to help at the food bank. I have found that being around people and doing stuff helped. **Just some ideas - hope you feel better about things soon**

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:26 am 

I would recommend counseling if you can't work it out. I sympathize with you however. I'm in one those funks currently. In my case I have the bug to try living somewhere else in the U.S.(the west/southwest) I've lived in Louisiana all my life. Of course leaving would mean giving up a job that I've had for 18 years and leaving a very good friend base.
I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Mark

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:46 am 

I don't think you need counseling. I think that you just need some change in your life, it sounds to me like you feel like you don't fit in because you're bored with the type of things or the type of people in your life. So what if you don't fit in? Some people need to move to a completely different part of the country just to fit in with people who have the same interests. Move to a completely different side of the country or even another country and you won't feel like you fit in or can relate to the people. It also sounds to me like you need to relax and let things happen, we all have moments where we have our downs, some more than others if you don't focus on focusing and instead just think about what's going on you won't have these problems nearly as much! I know trying isn't going to be easy though so maybe with change you can find something or someone who will make it easier. Good luck bro!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:04 pm 

having a serious conversation with an expert would help you out :)

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:26 am 

How are things going Fantasma?

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:15 am 

I am doing ok, concentrating on my new job. Wading things out before I make a decision on my next course of action. So far I really like my new position, I am waiting to see what I should go back to school for.

I have many interests but I am going to use this job as a determinate for what I go for next.

Offline Profile   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill