Financial planner & taxes - a modern version?

There's more to wealth than money. Health and happiness are important, too.
This is the place to discuss organization, self-improvement, and success strategies.

Moderator: lvergon

keaneangle

Financial planner & taxes - a modern version?

Postby keaneangle » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:28 am

Hi all,

I think I have approached a point in my career that I'd like to start having some professional advisors on how I should file my taxes as well as how I should start investing any spare capital I may have - but I'm really hesitant of going to a financial planning firm or finding a person to do my taxes or an accountant...

Is there anything that's a little more modern or forward thinking out there on the internet? Like a remote service for the above? Not automated per se, just cost effective and facilitated by technology.

Any advice would be great - thanks!
//Keane

stannius

Re: Financial planner & taxes - a modern version?

Postby stannius » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:07 am

... countdown to spam link ...

DoingHomework

Postby DoingHomework » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Never have someone you find on the internet file your taxes. If your situation is complex enough that you need someone's help you should be able to meet them in person - just my two cents.

DoingHomework

Postby DoingHomework » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:59 pm

If you want help with financial planning you can get a plan from Vanguard or T. Rowe Price for a fee.

madison85

Postby madison85 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:22 am

When interesting your money or presenting personal financial figures, sure it would be best to see an individual and create a relationship on trust rather then seeing if the interest to find someone who you don’t know, or met and give them personal financial info and take sound investment advice from.

Return to “Personal Development”