Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:59 am

Post subject: 30% weight loss
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:08 am 

This probably is more aimed towards getfitslowly but I figure'd I'd start an open thread, which will hopefully lead to me writing a follow up article based on some q&a in here to this article: http://www.randomn3ss.com/10-tips-that-helped-me-lose-weight/

In a nutshell, I was 160ish from 1997-2000, Jan 2000 I was in a car accident that injured my back, stopped working, etc... 2 more accidents in 2001 and 2003 led to me not working and on dr's orders to really not doing anything for nearly 5 years, I ended up having spinal surgery in 2004 and fixed my pain, but left me floating between 220-245 pounds.

August 1st, 2008 I signed up to ride my road bike 45 miles for MS (featured article here: http://www.randomn3ss.com/national-ms-society-city-to-shore-ride-2008/, follow ups are at the bottom) and weighed 240lbs. I was tight-fitted in XL, usually wearing XXL shirts and a size 38 jeans, which was getting tighter, size 40 or 42 dress pants, depending on who made them. I wanted to not only finish the 45 mile ride in under 3 hours, but lose 20lbs prior to the ride, which was on Sept. 27th, just shy of 2 months away.

I met the 20lb goal the morning of the ride and completed the ride in well under 3 hours, felt great through the whole thing.

Changed how I ate, started to log miles on http://www.dailymile.com (review here: http://www.randomn3ss.com/share-your-miles-and-workouts-with-dailymile/) and actually started to feel good about myself.

Moved to riding bike at the gym all winter, when I got below 200lbs I started to run and now, a week from this Sunday I'm running in my first 5k race, goal is to complete it sub 30 minutes, which I think is very doable.

I eat 4-5 times a day, never really feel guilty about food and as of last saturday weigh 169lbs, 71lbs down and roughly 30% less than I did just over 7 months ago. The 34" jeans I bought just two months ago are now loose and I'm wearing size Large tee's but could fit into Mediums no problem.

My new focus is to reduce my body fat % (I never bought a scale to show it, but I know it's still a bit too high), lose 4 more pounds and start to firm myself up, lifting weights and getting up to a final weight around 170-175 of film, lean muscle.

So, please ask any questions you might have on how I did this, what my routines are, etc. etc. I had only the mindset of reducing the amount of food I took in and increasing the amount of energy expended to lose weight, I followed no guides, books or "diet" plans, simply changed my life sorta... oh, and I'm 29 years old, 5'10" - will be 30 next month, if that info matters to anyone.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:36 am 

Congratulations! That is some accomplishment - and you did it the healthy way...I have also had personal fitness as a major goal in my life - and I think the lack of stress from having my finances in control will help on that front. Keep up the good work!

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:48 pm 
Hey that is pretty good. Now a days losing weight is a big problem and you did it in a healthy way
Keep it up!!!! congratulations :)

Post subject: WEIGHT LOSS
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:17 am 
Simple fitness exercises can help to have a fitter and healthy life. Stretching exercises can help in many ways in mainting a fitter body. Weight loss can be achieved by following simple effortless regular exercises. Medical breakthroughs can happen by regular meditation and exercising. Yoga and other workouts which can be performed easily are available in this website to keep you fit and healthy.

Health and Fitness can make all that difference in one's life. Healthy living is all that one needs and to achieve that we picked up the best of the articles from reliable sources and have presented here in an organized manner. You might not be able to spend your valuable time on complicated medications and diet controls, but. you can find articles to help you have a better living using simple and easy technics.

Ayurveda, a science in vogue practiced since centuries, uses a wide variety of plants, animal origin substances, mineral and metallic substances to rebalance the diseased condition in the sick. A few tips on simple treatment of life style diseases have been carefully picked for the visitors of this website. These tips can help reduce or control diseases like diabetes, cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.
========================================
HENRYMAQULI

http://www.trainwithmeonline.com/programs.asp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:01 am 

Congrats!!! If you dont mind me asking how old are you? I am 19, and I weigh about 225-230, You say it took you about 7 months to get where your at?

Offline Profile   
 Post subject: You are an inspiration, thanks...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:26 pm 

..I have not been as vigilant as I should be in exercising. I love to work out, and eat right, but sometimes I fall off the Mr Olympia wagon...

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:10 am 

Congrats! You have already achieved a lot and I am sure you will also reach all the other goals you have set yourself concerning weight! :D

Offline Profile   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill