Garden Journal/Cost Tracker suggestions

There's more to wealth than money. Health and happiness are important, too.
This is the place to discuss organization, self-improvement, and success strategies.

Moderator: lvergon

detroy

Garden Journal/Cost Tracker suggestions

Postby detroy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:59 am

I'm starting my seeds right now for this year's garden. I'd like to keep track of not only costs/time/return but also planting/sprouting/transplanting/harvest dates. Can it be done in one place? Don't tell me to use Excel - I don't know how :oops:

xtina

Postby xtina » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:26 pm

What I have is a 3-ring binder for my garden. In it, I have tabs for my garden plan, my budget, received seed catalogs, and one for articles about gardening. In my "garden plan" section, I have crudely mapped out with a paper and pencil what and where I intend to plant. I have another sheet of paper with each a list of all vegetables I am planting, their sow indoors date, their sow outdoors date, and any special notes about them (like soil preferences or harvesting techniques.)

For my budget tab, I have a list of all of my expenses such as seeds, supplies, and fertilizer. I also keep some receipts in there in case I need to return something to the store.

That's what I do. It's easy and comprehensive.

Customersyachts

Garden designer journal planner tracker

Postby Customersyachts » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:20 am

If you want to stay away from Excel (and who doesn't) see www.zipharvest.com. Online garden design tool to replace your "crudely mapped out with a paper and pencil". Also track plant dates, seed/transplant, maturation, auto-calculated yield and retail value, etc. Workbook for keeping notes. Other stuff.

Return to “Personal Development”