Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:29 am

Post subject: How to effectively learn and apply to immediate benefits
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:44 am 

Hey,

I've been studying a lot of business-related personal development stuff lately (goal setting, team building, psychology, etc.) and while I find it fascinating, I sometimes have a hard time bringing it through to implementation and actual benefits (understanding it well enough, coming up with good ideas on how to apply it, feeling sufficiently motivated to get going, etc.).

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem, lol.

What have you found most frustrating about learning and implementing new things in your life or business?

How have you overcome those things?

Any help is appreciated!

Sean

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:59 pm 

The most important thing you can do is have patience. Nothing will really change overnight. Some changes take months or more to actually integrate with your life. Many will happen without you realising it.

Persistence is the key. Keep reminding yourself of the changes you want to make, and keep working on them.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject: Hi Seanc
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:10 am 
I had the same problem for a long time. I've been reading many book (and audiobooks) about many Topics related to personal development in Business.
When you read a book, mst of the times, is very interesting but may be a few months later you find yourself in a situation where you need to implement that what you read but somehow it doesn't work.
Have you ever heard about the "cone of learning"? (google it, search for pictures) It explains itself.

Well, we use to remember only 10% of what we read, 20% of what we listen and 50% of what we see and listen.
That's why, most people, remeber better the facts about a story the saw in a movie than reading the book.

I found iLearningGlobal, and I think it is a very good solution for that. You can watch videos about many topics just when you need it.
For example, you realize you need to learn NOW something about "time management", you watch 3 videos (10 min. each) from 3 world-famous experts, and after that you directly aply what you learned.
You have access to the biggest online library about personal development, business, etc.

If you want to have a look at it: http://www.ilearningglobal.tv/
Just let me know if you want to learn more about, would be a pleasure to explain you more about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill