Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:04 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:41 pm 

I'm trying to figure the exercise thing out right now. I bought a Gazelle on Criag's list last year and absolutely hate the thing (it makes my hips hurt)... Badly need to re-sell it.

In the mean time I picked up a free 30 day pass from Jamba Juice for 24 hr fitness and am almost at the end of it. So I need to come up with some sort of plan.

I'd love something I can do at home and save all the driving around, but it seems like I am more apt to do it when I have to go and there are no distractions.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:31 pm 

I bought equipment for my house. A squat rack with a pullup and dip station. Adjustable bench, olympic bar and weights. Also have powerblocks, which are adjustable dumbbells. I got an elliptical for free from a friend.

I find that if I have to drive 20 mins to and from the gym I won't go as I can't find the time...

I currently only do a quick 35 min workout at home, which I can squeeze in almost always.

I can recommend johnstonefitness.com for your daily dose of inspiration. That man is a machine..

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:13 pm 

lostmind wrote:
I bought equipment for my house. A squat rack with a pullup and dip station. Adjustable bench, olympic bar and weights. Also have powerblocks, which are adjustable dumbbells. I got an elliptical for free from a friend.

Sounds like a great setup. I'm a big fan of the home gym; especially as I work from home. It's just convenient.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:14 pm 

If I could find a good lat pull down/cable row setup, it'd be perfect.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:04 am 

Another link to take a look at is http://www.johnstonefitness.com. John Stone started out 4 years ago as an out of shape computer geek. He has progressed to be in amazing shape. He posts every workout, every diet, etc to his site, and he posts monthly progress pictures. The forum is the real jewel there, with lots of ideas, lots of support, etc.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:30 am 

Hey Croz, I posted John's link just a few posts ago! Great site.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:46 pm 

lostmind wrote:
Hey Croz, I posted John's link just a few posts ago! Great site.

D'OH! Missed it at the bottom of your post there...

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:17 pm 

"Crossfit is too much for me, but I can work towards that. Thanks for the link, elasticdog."

May I suggest, for those that think that CrossFit is too intense/hard/advanced for them, to check out the following message board site (SFW) that takes the CrossFit workout of the day and scales it back to more suit those with lower levels of fitness. Just look for the thread topic with the date of the workout you're interested in. CrossFit is designed to be scaled back if necessary so that anyone (no matter your age/sex/fitness level) can do it and get serious cardio and strength benefits.

http://forum.brandxmartialarts.com/viewforum.php?f=16&sid=b47b84c924205ab5d7d8143b8d333663

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:53 pm 

Men's Health!!! Greatest place for fitness and nutritional information. Many many different types of excercises and diets that can be tailored to any person.

Their TNT or Abs Diet are both grade A material. TNT is for people who are totally out of shape and the Abs Diet is a sorta maintainance thing more then a weight loss thing. Both are excellent.

Check em out!

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:15 pm 

For every thing we purchase Insurance is Impotant.Starting From cars to Lifes. As it gives security for Us. If any thing happens wrong insurance plays a vital role in recovring it. Insurance quotes had been conduted in Usa for Auto's. For information you obtain from Autoinsurance web page.
--------
Simon

http://www.trainwithmeonline.com

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:52 pm 

I agree with quite a few of the posts so far, including Starting Strength being a great resource. Bodybuilding.com has some great resources, and at the same time some downright awful ones.

I personally like EliteFTS.com and T-nation.com for people who are really interested in strength training.

The only problem that most people seem to run into with fitness is ignoring either strength or cardiorespiratory fitness. Typically guys who are really into lifting tend to neglect cardiorespiratory fitness, and a lot of women and men who previously competed in endurance sports completely neglect strength.

So even if you're doing rowing, you will have great cardiorespiratory fitness, but your strength levels will not be great. This may not be important now, but when you're older and having trouble walking and/or dealing with osteoporosis, you could potentially have some regrets.

Also, the group of weightlifters who don't like doing cardio (I used to be in this group), could definitely benefit from 2-3 days a week of light aerobic work, nothing too intense. If you ever have the misfortune of having a heart attack, a well conditioned heart is less likely to sustain great damage than someone with an undertrained heart. That was good enough reason for me personally.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:07 am 

P90X
nuff said

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:56 am 

I have 4 running shoes, 2 at home, 2 at work, and a really good windproof, waterproof jacket, I run year round. The key to keep going, just telling myself I gotta do it, I'm getting older, I gotta keep doing it ... :).

....o
^/v
/>

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:44 am 

I have been lifting and doing cardio for the past year. Dropped 20 pounds, put on some muscles, and rewired my view on nutrition (that was the hardest part of all!). I lift about twice a week and run the other days, I find it is a great balance between the two. Best of all I am too tired/feeling awesome that I don't bother spending money on junk I don't need! Well, other than creatine, protein, BCAAs, and all that.. 8)

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:19 am 

Physical exercise is any bodily activity that enhances or maintains physical fitness and overall health. It is performed for many different reasons. These include strengthening muscles and the cardiovascular system, honing athletic skills, weight loss or maintenance and for enjoyment. Frequent and regular physical exercise boosts the immune system, and helps prevent the "diseases of affluence" such as heart disease, cardiovascular disease, Type 2 diabetes and obesity. It also improves mental health and helps prevent depression. Childhood obesity is a growing global concern and physical exercise may help decrease the effects of childhood obesity in developed countries.
Elenora
http://www.trainwithmeonline.com

Offline Profile   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next