Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:45 pm

Post subject: Your proposals for my further personal& business development
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:10 am 

Hello guys,

just as many of you, I am familiar with many Nightingale Conant authors. I actively read those books in the beginning of my success story. At some point I stopped and decided to implement instead of consuming yet another material.

Now I am at the point where I have already achieved a certain level of success and welcome some guidance on how to continue. I noticed that all books I knew so far were about quitting your job and starting your own business. Now I would like to get some inspiration on growing my business.

Just to name a few concrete topics: one of my challenges is that it is hard to find the right people, who are self-guided, determined, consistent, trustworthy, loyal and competent at once. It is also challenging for me to find a fair conditions for partnership with people. How do you know if one is good in advance?

What authors and titles would you advise?

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Re: Your proposals for my further personal& business develop
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:38 am 

ubundance wrote:
Hello guys,

just as many of you, I am familiar with many Nightingale Conant authors. I actively read those books in the beginning of my success story. At some point I stopped and decided to implement instead of consuming yet another material.

Now I am at the point where I have already achieved a certain level of success and welcome some guidance on how to continue. I noticed that all books I knew so far were about quitting your job and starting your own business. Now I would like to get some inspiration on growing my business.

Just to name a few concrete topics: one of my challenges is that it is hard to find the right people, who are self-guided, determined, consistent, trustworthy, loyal and competent at once. It is also challenging for me to find a fair conditions for partnership with people. How do you know if one is good in advance?

What authors and titles would you advise?

Stop reading motivational crap and read text books that teach you to do solid analysis. The author does not matter. All competent authors will use the same math and other analysis techniques.

I consider all of the authors on the site of the company you referenced to be worthless charlatans that are just trying to get your money. They are selling snake oil.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:28 pm 

Thank you for your honest opinion on those authors, which I share to some degree. However, some books I used to read were really helpful in changing my perspective. For example I like the idea of 'Cashflow Quadrant' by Robert Kiyosaki...

Anyway, can you please suggest an author you believe is good?

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:15 pm 

ubundance wrote:

I really liked Darren Hardy's "Compound Effect". Really, really speaks to me. Motivates the crap out of me. And at the same time - completely trashes "you have to attract success into your life" motivation crap. Success is about hard work, not standing in front of the mirror and talking to the Universe asking for money and picturing yourself wealthy.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:11 pm 

ubundance wrote:
Thank you for your honest opinion on those authors, which I share to some degree. However, some books I used to read were really helpful in changing my perspective. For example I like the idea of 'Cashflow Quadrant' by Robert Kiyosaki...

Kiyosaki is a fraud who preys on ignorant people.

John Bogle and William Bernstein are good authors to start with. Burton Malkeil is also good.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:18 pm 

DoingHomework wrote:
Kiyosaki is a fraud who preys on ignorant people.

Yep. Any finance author that has to file bankruptcy should be suspect.

Quote:
John Bogle and William Bernstein are good authors to start with. Burton Malkeil is also good.

I agree 100%

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:46 pm 

Captain Awesome wrote:
And at the same time - completely trashes "you have to attract success into your life" motivation crap. Success is about hard work, not standing in front of the mirror and talking to the Universe asking for money and picturing yourself wealthy.

Yes! I totally agree. Success takes hard work. Period. I have never heard of anyone who got rich without working hard. And remember, most of these motivational speakers have very little. All they have is a bunch of rented crap to make them look successful. If that fools you then you need to look behind the curtain. If they won't show you what is behind the curtain then that should tell you something. These days ALL legitimate investments provide full disclosure.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:11 am 

Kiyosaki has got a good book called, Cashflow, a must read. But I don't like Kiyosaki. He makes fun of people in public and he sees billionaires like Gods. I don't buy his books.
Ken Mc Elroy, millionaire real estate investor, whom I've met personally wrote some books for him about real estate. Ken is a giant. Ken shouldn't hang around him.

Yeahp, Kiyosaki is a scam and a clown. Shame on him cause he is smart and he works hard, But he inferiorizes himself and others. He lives by the image of what he calls his rich dad. That guy called rich dad , had sweat shops in Hawaii, of course he was financially literate but his integrity reflects on Kiyosaki. Kiyosaki's father was the real father and a good father in my opinion. But I think his real Dad ignored his feelings after being humiliated by some rich kids of Hawaii. Kiyosaki's father was a high level educator that got dumped by the wrong politicians, and suffered the consequences. And Kiyosaki concluded his real father was poor. How dumb and poor of him. Well now Kiyosaki is following his real father's path. The path of education and his feeling of failure. Probably he is starting to understand the pain of his father. This is family stuff. I hope Kiyosaki recovers by understanding his real father and dumping the phony image of that wise guy he called rich dad. Kiyosaki, never mentioned what his mother said about those dumb rich kids who inferiorized him. When will he write his version of Rich Mother Poor Mother ?

Buy the book THE TAO OF WARREN BUFFETT by Mary Buffett and David Clark.
This book should teach you how the stock market behaves.
If you get into it then buy the book Buffettology by Mary and David.

I can hardly accept books. If they're not practical I dump them. If they're not accurate I dump them. If they are pretensious I dump them. Today I just don't buy them. But every once in a while I buy the wrong books and dump them. Rich Dad Poor Dad is a fair book, I did not dumped it.
Cashflow is a must. That's good work. Only problem is that kiyosaki doesn't know the difference between the workforce quadrant and the cash flow quadrant. However this book is unique.

If your'e into sales, buy the book Scientific Advertising by the great Claude C. Hopkins.
Professor Hopkins, defined adversing as a sales method and if it doesn't increase sales then it is not the right advertising approach. You will find many grammar errors in the book which make it,even more fascinating to study considering the stature of, Professor Hopkins.

Thank You, UBundance.

Fredy

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:30 am 

Here is my summary so far:

Authors:

John Bogle
William Bernstein
Burton Malkeil
Ken Mc Elroy

Books:

"Compound Effect" by Darren Hardy
"The Tao of Warren Buffett" by Mary Buffett and David Clark, "Buffettology" by Mary and David
"Scientific Advertising" by Claude C. Hopkins

Thanks a lot for all your advises!

Fredy, what is the difference between "workforce quadrant" and "cash flow quadrant"?

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill