quit the sin

There's more to wealth than money. Health and happiness are important, too.
This is the place to discuss organization, self-improvement, and success strategies.

Moderator: lvergon

Captain Awesome

Re: quit the sin

Postby Captain Awesome » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:50 pm

I've quit smoking in September last year, and haven't been smoking since then.

All I did was listened to "Easy Way To Quit Smoking" book by Allen Carr, smoked the last cigarette (he actually encourages you to smoke while listening), and that was my last cigarette. No cravings, no gaining weight, no stress, no substitutes, nothing whatsoever.

Highly recommend it.
http://MoneyRamblings.Com - Diary of a Financial Underdog

coach2wealth

Postby coach2wealth » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:35 am

Congratulations!

My father smoked from his late teens until he died. I can't create a mental picture of my father without him holding a cigarette. He once estimated he spend over $300K on cigarettes. If you factor in the earning potential of that money, we're talking millions.

He passed years ago. I think Philip Morris stock dropped a couple point that day. :)
Normal is broke. 70% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. Most Americans are losing sleep and stressing over their finances. Join us for free personal finance seminars. There is no obligation and you don't need to share any contact information.

Kefuie

Postby Kefuie » Tue May 04, 2010 11:55 pm

Congratulations! You have made it so far. It helps to have people supporting you, telling you how good you're doing.But you should be proud of yourself for just quitting right now. I've seen how hard it is the first week or so.

Good Luck!

Return to “Personal Development”