dcsimg The Get Rich Slowly Forums • View topic - Personal Finance and Wellness 5k Event

GRS Home  Forum Home
Bank Rates Center
   Savings Account Rates
   Money Market Rates
   Highest CD Rates
Insurance Rates Center
  Auto           Health
   Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:44 pm

Post subject: Personal Finance and Wellness 5k Event
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:43 pm 

I am organizing a 5k run with a personal finance flavor. This is being done in conjunction with my website 5k5k.org challenging members to train for and run a 5k and improve their financial position by $5000. Local banks, insurance companies, CPAs, financial advisers, and health related businesses have agreed to sponsor the event and participate as teams. In the participant hand bags runners will find educational information regarding personal finance, and at the banquet the runners will see who in our community can meet their various personal financial needs. I teach and will also be involving students from our district along with their parents to begin financial literacy as early as possible. If you have any ideas to help make this a more effective event let me know.

Offline Profile   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:56 pm 
Site Admin

That's a really cool idea! Where is this happening?

Czar of GRS Forums.

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:36 pm 

Neosho, Missouri. May 9th. You can find the link to the run on runners world or by visiting my web site. I was also given the idea to have non-financial business participate by purchasing $50.00 savings bonds to give away to the young participants (it will only cost them $25.00 so I think I will be able to have several to give away.) The idea is the students will encourage their parents to come, we can share financial and physical awareness for the entire community and several people will leave with door prizes that can get them started in the right direction. I think some attorneys may provide a free will preparation and, or POA as a door prize, so it will give me an opportunity to speak about the importance of estate planning as well. I spoke with the assistant director of the jump start coalition today and they are going to provide some educational materials for both kids and adults to put in the participant hand bags. Any more ideas?????

Offline Profile   
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:54 pm 

5k5k.org wrote:
Neosho, Missouri. May 9th. You can find the link to the run on runners world or by visiting my web site. I was also given the idea to have non-financial business participate by purchasing $50.00 savings bonds to give away to the young participants (it will only cost them $25.00 so I think I will be able to have several to give away.) The idea is the students will encourage their parents to come, we can share financial and physical awareness for the entire community and several people will leave with door prizes that can get them started in the right direction. I think some attorneys may provide a free will preparation and, or POA as a door prize, so it will give me an opportunity to speak about the importance of estate planning as well. I spoke with the assistant director of the jump start coalition today and they are going to provide some educational materials for both kids and adults to put in the participant hand bags. Any more ideas?????

That sounds really great.. I would love to be there personally... I want to know have such events held before too. If so, have you guys been there before, As I would go there for the first time and this would be my first experience.

Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:40 am 

Smuline wrote:
That sounds really great.. I would love to be there personally... I want to know have such events held before too. If so, have you guys been there before, As I would go there for the first time and this would be my first experience.
It will be very hard for you to go, as it was more than 2 years ago.

Offline Profile   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill, Fiscal Fitness Moderator