GRS Home  Forum Home
Bank Rates Center
   Savings Account Rates
   Money Market Rates
   Highest CD Rates
Insurance Rates Center
  Auto           Health
   Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:16 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Salary negotiation
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:02 pm 

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 16
i have bad English huh? :(
no need to worry, my writing is not in English.


Top
Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Re: Salary negotiation
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:24 pm 

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:59 am
Posts: 74
Reading the tread it seem the new job is more suited towards you. You have more money (regardless of the rise it is still a rise) and like you said you can always use it as a stepping stone into a further careers. You will not feel under pressure from the exe to work longer hours and on holidays. See how it goes?


Top
Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Re: Salary negotiation
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:56 am 

Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 8:14 pm
Posts: 1750
madison85 wrote:
Reading the tread it seem the new job is more suited towards you. You have more money (regardless of the rise it is still a rise) and like you said you can always use it as a stepping stone into a further careers. You will not feel under pressure from the exe to work longer hours and on holidays. See how it goes?


Ummm...do you have a particular affinity for resurrecting dead threads? Of the 66 posts you've made, 6 of them were in threads that had been dormant for more than 30 days. Among these 6 posts, longest period of lag between your post and the previous one was 201 days; the shortest, 36 days. Average lag in those 6 posts: 96 days.

Also, there were 8 other threads you posted in that had an average 13 days (max. 26 days; min. 9 days) after the last post before you decided to jump in.

In this particular thread, the OP posted back in March and was in his new job in April. Aren't you running just a little bit behind the conversation?


Top
Offline Profile   
 Post subject: Re: Salary negotiation
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:43 pm 
Moderator

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5293
VinTek wrote:
Ummm...do you have a particular affinity for resurrecting dead threads? Of the 66 posts you've made, 6 of them were in threads that had been dormant for more than 30 days. Among these 6 posts, longest period of lag between your post and the previous one was 201 days; the shortest, 36 days. Average lag in those 6 posts: 96 days.

Wow, nothing like statistics to make a point! Are you bored today?

VinTek wrote:
Also, there were 8 other threads you posted in that had an average 13 days (max. 26 days; min. 9 days) after the last post before you decided to jump in.

Maybe Maddy is just a slow reader.


Top
Offline Profile E-mail   
 Post subject: Re: Salary negotiation
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:54 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:33 pm
Posts: 1129
Location: Illinois
Honestly, I've been wanting to ask this for a long time, and I am surprised at how low the statistics Vin posted were. I would have guessed much higher.

I always click the "new posts" button, and and if it is a thread title I'm not familiar with, I start with the beginning post before moving down to the last, just to see the context of the conversation. If the first post is several weeks old, it is ALWAYS either a spammer or madison85 as the poster resurrecting a dead post.

The only reason I haven't is because Maddy is obviously not a spammer. He did have a website in his signature (up until a week or so ago), but it went to a site that'/s registration was expired and has since removed it.


Top
Offline Profile   
 Post subject: Re: Salary negotiation
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:58 pm 

Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 8:14 pm
Posts: 1750
DoingHomework wrote:
Wow, nothing like statistics to make a point! Are you bored today?

Not really. It was a long time coming. I don't like to discourage people from posting because I like to hear other opinions, even ones I don't agree with. But resurrecting dead threads is a pet peeve of mine. People beating dead horses irks me. I debated posting for some time before going through with it and finally succumbed.


Top
Offline Profile   
 Post subject: Re: Salary negotiation
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:32 pm 

Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 8:14 pm
Posts: 1750
bpgui wrote:
The only reason I haven't is because Maddy is obviously not a spammer.

Yeah, that's the reason I haven't said anything before this either. I don't actually want to chase him away. I just don't get why it's so important for him to revive topics that everyone else has long since lost interest in.


Top
Offline Profile   
 Post subject: Re: Salary negotiation
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:06 am 

Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 8:14 pm
Posts: 1750
VinTek wrote:
Of the 66 posts you've made, 6 of them were in threads that had been dormant for more than 30 days. Among these 6 posts, longest period of lag between your post and the previous one was 201 days; the shortest, 36 days. Average lag in those 6 posts: 96 days.


Amended:
Of the 68 posts you've made, 8 of them were in threads that had been dormant for more than 30 days. Among these 8 posts, longest period of lag between your post and the previous one was 292 days; the shortest, 36 days. Average lag in those 8 posts: 114 days.

He's taunting me!


Top
Offline Profile   
 Post subject: Re: Salary negotiation
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:38 am 

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:50 am
Posts: 98
Ashanti, althoug it's admirable that you consider your boss in this, you shouldn't too much.

Basicallly it's her enterpreneurial risk, and if she does well she's rewarded for it by extra income. On the other hand by taking a fixed salary you say you don't want the extra risk/time/effort and possible benefits that come with it. Which makes you entitled to your holiday. It's actually also part of your contract, ie business deal you have with her. And like every other business contract you should not feel bad about following the term in there.

That's not to say you shouldn't be flexible. But take your holiday.


Top
Offline Profile E-mail   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net & kodeki