Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:16 am

Post subject: Re: Salary negotiation
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:02 pm 

i have bad English huh? :(
no need to worry, my writing is not in English.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:24 pm 

Reading the tread it seem the new job is more suited towards you. You have more money (regardless of the rise it is still a rise) and like you said you can always use it as a stepping stone into a further careers. You will not feel under pressure from the exe to work longer hours and on holidays. See how it goes?

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:56 am 

madison85 wrote:
Reading the tread it seem the new job is more suited towards you. You have more money (regardless of the rise it is still a rise) and like you said you can always use it as a stepping stone into a further careers. You will not feel under pressure from the exe to work longer hours and on holidays. See how it goes?

Ummm...do you have a particular affinity for resurrecting dead threads? Of the 66 posts you've made, 6 of them were in threads that had been dormant for more than 30 days. Among these 6 posts, longest period of lag between your post and the previous one was 201 days; the shortest, 36 days. Average lag in those 6 posts: 96 days.

Also, there were 8 other threads you posted in that had an average 13 days (max. 26 days; min. 9 days) after the last post before you decided to jump in.

In this particular thread, the OP posted back in March and was in his new job in April. Aren't you running just a little bit behind the conversation?

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:43 pm 

VinTek wrote:
Ummm...do you have a particular affinity for resurrecting dead threads? Of the 66 posts you've made, 6 of them were in threads that had been dormant for more than 30 days. Among these 6 posts, longest period of lag between your post and the previous one was 201 days; the shortest, 36 days. Average lag in those 6 posts: 96 days.

Wow, nothing like statistics to make a point! Are you bored today?

VinTek wrote:
Also, there were 8 other threads you posted in that had an average 13 days (max. 26 days; min. 9 days) after the last post before you decided to jump in.

Maybe Maddy is just a slow reader.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:54 pm 

Honestly, I've been wanting to ask this for a long time, and I am surprised at how low the statistics Vin posted were. I would have guessed much higher.

I always click the "new posts" button, and and if it is a thread title I'm not familiar with, I start with the beginning post before moving down to the last, just to see the context of the conversation. If the first post is several weeks old, it is ALWAYS either a spammer or madison85 as the poster resurrecting a dead post.

The only reason I haven't is because Maddy is obviously not a spammer. He did have a website in his signature (up until a week or so ago), but it went to a site that'/s registration was expired and has since removed it.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:58 pm 

DoingHomework wrote:
Wow, nothing like statistics to make a point! Are you bored today?

Not really. It was a long time coming. I don't like to discourage people from posting because I like to hear other opinions, even ones I don't agree with. But resurrecting dead threads is a pet peeve of mine. People beating dead horses irks me. I debated posting for some time before going through with it and finally succumbed.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:32 pm 

bpgui wrote:
The only reason I haven't is because Maddy is obviously not a spammer.

Yeah, that's the reason I haven't said anything before this either. I don't actually want to chase him away. I just don't get why it's so important for him to revive topics that everyone else has long since lost interest in.

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:06 am 

VinTek wrote:
Of the 66 posts you've made, 6 of them were in threads that had been dormant for more than 30 days. Among these 6 posts, longest period of lag between your post and the previous one was 201 days; the shortest, 36 days. Average lag in those 6 posts: 96 days.

Amended:
Of the 68 posts you've made, 8 of them were in threads that had been dormant for more than 30 days. Among these 8 posts, longest period of lag between your post and the previous one was 292 days; the shortest, 36 days. Average lag in those 8 posts: 114 days.

He's taunting me!

Offline Profile   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:38 am 

Ashanti, althoug it's admirable that you consider your boss in this, you shouldn't too much.

Basicallly it's her enterpreneurial risk, and if she does well she's rewarded for it by extra income. On the other hand by taking a fixed salary you say you don't want the extra risk/time/effort and possible benefits that come with it. Which makes you entitled to your holiday. It's actually also part of your contract, ie business deal you have with her. And like every other business contract you should not feel bad about following the term in there.

That's not to say you shouldn't be flexible. But take your holiday.

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill Go to page Previous  1, 2