Highest interest savings account??!

What small tips and tricks have you found that made a difference in your personal finance life? What great article did you just read? Found a great blog?

Moderator: lvergon

honeybee

Highest interest savings account??!

Postby honeybee » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:59 pm

Bank of the week:

http://www.redneckbank.com/

Good lawd. I thought bankrate.com had been hacked when it said "redneck bank" at the top of the list. It seems like a real bank... sort of...? dear goodness. I don't think I'd put my money there!

mrbones

Re: Highest interest savings account??!

Postby mrbones » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:23 am

I didn't know rednecks had computers lol

Vile Merchant

Postby Vile Merchant » Mon May 03, 2010 10:10 am

Awesome :D

bejki

Postby bejki » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:25 pm

I'm really not sure what to make of that. Certainly there's some creative marketing there, but I wonder how well this kind of marketing works for a bank?

With the Fed now saying this past week that they will keep the Fed Funds Rate unchanged at least until 2014, I don't expect deposit rates to get any better for at least a couple more years. I've been buying U.S. Treasury Savings bonds over the last couple years. The rates have been good compared to bank deposit rates. While I don't all of my savings in them, I do regularly buy them to help give me a little bit better of a rate on my savings. If you're interested in learning more about EE and I bonds, I wrote a series posts about them here: U.S. Treasury Savings Bonds
"I figure you have the same chance of winning the lottery whether you play or not."
Fran Lebowitz

Don't be passive about your finances: http://thefinancialreader.com

Return to “Tips, Tricks, Links, Pointers”