Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:55 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself Here!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:39 am 

Hello all,
I've been lurking around for about a year and have really enjoyed what I've been reading. There is a great deal of practical advice and it is presented in an un-intimidating way, which suits my style and sensibilities. Thank you for that!
We live in Portland, Ore. and are Almost debt Free - we only owe on our Student Loans and mortgage. We have taken many of the tips and tricks posted here to wrangle our finances into a plan. And continue to develop this plan as we learn more, earn more and save more.
I've got some great questions for you and can't wait to hear what you will say!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:32 pm 

Hey Everyone! So glad to have found GRS! I blog myself and I love reading about other people's ideas, especially when they give with my philosophy. I've seen blogs where people recommend buying everything on credit cards, believe debt is the way to wealth and are in debt up to their eyeballs!
Looking forward reading everyone ideas.
Check out my stuff at
http://www.themoneybeast.blogspot.com

Thanks!
Brendan

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:26 pm 

HELLO!

Postgraduate student here, living in the UK and about to earn my first salary. With a gradual incline of discipline with my money, I am looking to make the most out of my more than £18k but less than £20k salary when I finally start earning it in late July.

I am really looking forward to using this forum for tips and advice, success stories and hopefully be with you long enough for information on how to really 'get rich slowly'. Patience, I presume, is key - along with perseverance and smart choices!

Thank you in advance for all the wisdom, looking forward to saving, learning and investing :)

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:53 pm 

Greetings!

I have been a reader of the GRS blog for sometime and never even noticed there was a forum until today. We (Mrs. Deschain and a few dogs) are currently working our way out of debt. We started with well over $62K two years ago and are down to $19,242 on a student loan and $184 on the home. We hope the student loan will be paid off this year as long as there are no major financial surprises (knock on wood).

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:57 pm 

Hi, I've been reading this site for a while and I genuinely like the content.

Advice here is great but I joined the forum in the event I couldn't find an answer to a question that I had.

I'm 21 still living with my parents :$ and aspire to start a home business.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:31 pm 

Hi,

My name is Kristina, and I'm a life and financial coach based in Sydney, Australia. Am very interested in personal finances and have been working towards financial freedom since my late twenties. Living in Australia, my life revolves around the beach and any sort of activity that you can do involving the sun and surf.

Am looking forward to some great insights from these forums and hopefully posting a few of my own!

If you are interested in what I have to offer in terms of tips and advice to acheive not just work/life balance, but life/life balance, sign up to my blog at http://www.blueskycoachingsydney.com.au

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:58 pm 

Hi everyone. I have been following this blog for a while and have finally decided to sign up. I am passionate about financial education and empowerment. I have been in pharma sales for 6 years but my true passion is business, money, and entrepreneurship. I can't wait to interact more with you all as we all plan to get rich.

I have started a blog/resource for empowering, inspiring, and igniting people to take control of their lives. This blog will only put high quality and thought provoking insight into success. Please visit [spam link removed]

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:53 pm 

Hi therr! I', a newbie here from California. I found this site exciting and interesting. I learned a lot and can share my thoughts and opinions.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:24 am 

Hi...I'm Wanxuan Wang here. I'm an avid reader of Get Rich Slowly and really enjoy the practical advice and tips given here. Diversifying the technology sector is one of my main inspirations for creating my own website. (Have you guessed that I'm female yet? Hehe) If we are going to truly create technology for the masses, the tech world should be inclusive of all perspectives right?
I am currently an undergraduate student in Nanyang Technological University, Singapore and graduating in July 2012. If you have any queries about saving money on cell phones or using cell phones when travelling in Europe or Asia, I'd be glad to help.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:55 am 

Hello, I'm Yvenn, and I can say I need this forum so badly :) I want to get rich slowly...and I need to get some useful and reliable tips from you guys here. I think when it comes to finances, sometimes everything becomes too complicated, a single wrong move can drag you into a possible financial disaster.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:57 am 

Hello Get Rich Slowly community!

My name is Judy Lin and I work at Telehop. I've been lurking on these forums for a while, but I figure I'd start contributing to this vibrant community rather than standing on the sidelines passively

I look forward to learning and sharing my experiences with you all.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:06 am 

Greetings!

I am a 33 year old guy, living with the love of my life and our two 4 year old twin sons. I worked as a salesman a couple of years after high school before attainning a bachelor degree in economics and political scinence. My somewhat older girlfriend, who also came out of college kind of late is a teacher. We got kids kind of early (before my college graduation) and stayed home with them a year each so we have been making every penny count for some time. We lived a simple, relaxed life - not in a hurry anywhere. We have two amazing kids and both of us have a great relationship to them. Today we both work full time (I work at a big US financial firm), kids in great kinder garden, rent a nice home cheaply in a nice area, bikecycle to work. Carefree life with only a student loans with 1,5% interest rate, save 20-25% of salary on savings accounts.

As of today I am going to a beutiful cabin out on the countryside that we rented the entire summer. Eight weeks of payed holiday with the kids in paradise. I will live to tell the tale I guess.

Oh yeah, I live in Sweden.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:27 am 

I'm looking forward to exploring this site, which I just discovered. I'm just a few years from Social Security but have been retired since 2007. My spouse retired after 42 yrs with the same company (gasp! unimaginable to me; I've had at least 2 dozen jobs in that time). Three of those jobs were in the financial services industry, two of those jobs totaled 20 yrs. I handle all the investments and financial planning (yeah, the real thing, not just budgeting stuff) for us and my MIL, who lives with us.

As of Jan 2010 we have been traveling around the San Francisco Bay Area on a regular basis, which is where we live. Ah, Northern CA....great place to live, even better place to eat, wonderful weather, fabulous scenery, and breathtakingly expensive, LOL. We're foodies and price is no object, but we hate Modernist fads and noisy trendiness.

Otherwise: I garden, he's a Warhammer 40K hobbyist. We meet somewhere in the middle.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:23 am 

Hi Everyone!

I'm a new college grad at 26 and love my work as a high school chemistry teacher :) Currently I'm navigating my way out of student loans plus trying to build an emergency and retirement fund...not to mention saving for a wedding! I'm absolutely terrified of the cost involved, lol. I usually don't participate in forums, but this site has been instrumental in paying down $3000 of my loans (principal + balance) in six months!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:44 am 

Hi, I am Tomo, the author of the DOTS strategy which I believe might be of interest to GRS members. The address is http://www.dogsoftheseason.com. Please contact me to my email address displayed on the site if you have questions about the strategy.

I'm looking forward to explore GRS site which I discovered today.

Cheers!

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 31  Next