Life              Home
Mortgage Rates Center
  Mortgage Rates
  Mortgage Quotes

Last visit was:
A place for Get Rich Slowly readers to ask questions
and exchange ideas
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:44 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself Here!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:02 am 

I am a 25 year old business student who finds money fascinating, I am in the right field because I like to figure out how to get the most out of what I have. I love to read about success stories about people who turned their finances around and exchanging ideas on money and spending.
I have really liked this site and look forward too being part of this site.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:10 am 

Hey Folks,

I'm Rich and I'm Manchester in the UK.

Known I've had a "debt problem" for a while but just kinda pushed it to one side. Didn't open letters etc. As long as I had enough money to live the lifestyle I wanted I wasn't bothered. Basically the only people that will offer me any credit cards now are lenders whose cards are like 29%+.

I work in sales which has kinda facilitated my problems, some months huge pay checks, other months tiny. If any one needs any sales tips feel free to ask. :P

Basically I need to sort my self out.

I'm looking for money saving tips, and motivation more than anything else, I'll try and get involved as much as possible.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:18 pm 

Greetings,
Just found this board and it looks like where I might like to spend some time; interested in my own personal finances and how others work on theirs.
I'm in my mid 40's, 2 kids. No debt (student loans paid off 10yrs ago, finally paid off the last of cc). Right now I have a mortgage and working on my retirement fund and portfolio. I aim to balance saving a big chunk (30% of income) for retirement) but also living and enjoying in the now (travel budget). Some experience and lots of learning...

Cheers, S.

Last edited by sunrise on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:24 pm 

My name is Glenn, I live in the Seattle area.

Recently I decided to clean up my finances.

I am 44 years old, married, children are married off, and I have a good government job, therefore a GREAT retirement package.

My debt (except mortgage) is about 25% of my annual income, Mortgage is another 90% (making total debt of 115%). Note that is the dollar amount, not the payments.

This is not an unhealthy situation, but I finally decided that it could be better.

My Brother-in-law gave us the Dave Ramsey program a couple of years ago. I wish I would have started then, but that is water under the bridge. I started running through it last week, and will have the first car paid off on Friday. (I already had the $1,000 in reserve.) It feels great. Second car will be paid off by next December.

My wife is getting flustered with keeping track of shopping trip expenses. But it is getting better.

I am glad to find this website/forum and look forward to the shared progress to help keep us on track.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:45 am 

Hi all,
I'm a 33 years old, self employed IT technician.
After a long time lurking this site, I've decided to register and ask some questions, and maybe contribute a little.

As of now, I'm trying to juggle car, home and life with a really low (but relatively sure) income: 650€ (790$) monthly, plus some variable income from leather works and odd jobs (maybe an average of 100€ monthly)

So I'm here to learn how to save, low income or not :)

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:06 pm 

Hello all.
I am a small business owner, former marketing and IS corporate type, and an author.

I've been lucky enough to learn a lot about finances over the years and have recently started sharing what I know. I hope to learn and share here.

I live in Florida with my wife and kids.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:09 pm 

Hello everyone... I'm Ma3 from Silicon Valley CA. I just learned about this site yesterday and looking forward to informative posting from people who are getting rich and also getting rid of debts.
I'm a teacher who works with students with disabilities and as you know the salary just covered the basic needs. I have 3 kids and the youngest is just 12 weeks.
c",$

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:45 am 

Hey all, I'm a rising senior at an engineering school in Massachusetts, and I'm trying to sort my finances out as much as possible before I make any mistakes. My parents taught me well with money growing up, but I want to make sure I do things as right as possible as soon as possible. I'm especially concerned with how to handle finances as soon as I get a full-time salary, but right now I work three jobs to take care of my expenses while I'm in school. Hope to share some interesting stuff with the rest of you and to trade info :D

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:16 am 

Hi Everyone,

I am new here to this forum. I visited this forum and found it active and informative. Now I am here to gain knowledge and share my views with other people.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:45 pm 

Helloooo everybody!

I'm a long time reader of GRS and a personal finance nerd. I'm on the conservative side, but living in California I might as well be wearing a tin foil hat!

I'm married, with one handsome little boy who I wish I could spend more time with.

I have no debt, but my goal is financial independence ASAP!

Thanks for reading!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:03 am 

Hello all!

I'm very excited to be a part of this incredible blog site. I am a professional in the media sales industry, and looking to become wealthy. Not by this however, I've actually been blessed to be presented with what I would call THE OPPORTUNITY OF MY LIFE. Honestly- I would encourage you to take a look at the website below & feel free to contact me with questions!

[spam link removed]

Be a part of something ground floor, a boom that is bigger than the industrial, technology. Or .com boom that we all wish we had the chance to be a part of! I'm taking this as nothing more than a blessing, looking to share the opportunity with anyone who is looking to make a significant income.

Looking forward to talking to many of you. Be blessed, & find wealth.

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:14 pm 

Hi all,
I'm a PhD student in public health (about to defend!) in my early 30s living in Baltimore with my husband (also a PhD student - he has a few more years). I have a job lined up in academia, and while I am excited to make a real salary again, we have a lot of financial decisions/purchases that have been put off for years and are now coming up. I'm hoping this site will be able to help!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:26 pm 

Hi everyone! :hai:

I am new here and I am looking forward to share my learning and also to learn more new things here.

Nice to meet everyone!

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:12 pm 

Hi All!
I learned about this site from a magazine article; best blogs. I'm glad that I've found it. I'm obsessed with saving and investing; worked for many years in the financial services industry but consider myself a natural saver. My most current financial task is saving for our daughter's education.

I'm looking forward to sharing and learning!

Best...

Offline Profile E-mail   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:26 pm 

Hello everyone!

My name is Alex, i'm 22 years of age and from a small town in Texas. I'm currently working with my father who is a licensed U.S. Custom Broker. Im learning everything I can from my fathers business but also have high goals set for myself. My goals for this year would be to pass the customs broker exam and also start my own transportation company. I've decided to join the forums of GRS to learn as much as possible from everyone. I love to read and especially love to hear ppls success stories. And yes, I am a frugal person who tends to spend little. I have an obsession with money :D . I would also like to invest in real estate in the near future. And hopefully this site is where I belong :rock: .

Thank you!

Offline Profile E-mail   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Moderators: kombat, bpgui, JerichoHill Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 31  Next